Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Me Or Is There Something A Bit Illogical Here?
Is It Me Or Is There Something A Bit Illogical Here?
I was looking around the internet for more information about what people believe and found this.

Religion is the Worst Thing that Ever Happened

Quote:Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to this world.

Many religions will offer you answers to these questions, but the answers are not found in religion. The answers are found in a person, the Lord Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son!

How To Go To Heaven

All you have to do is accept Jesus etc. So why does this article end with If you would like to search for a good church where you live, CLICK HERE.? Clicking on the link takes you to a map showing people where they can find Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches.

Don't they have religion in these churches?
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
RE: Is It Me Or Is There Something A Bit Illogical Here?
Probably refering to organised religion. Or what 16th century calvinists in the Netherlands and the UK, including those who chopped Charles Stuart the seconds head of, refered to as "popish, popery".
This is highly hipocrytical. It is the duty of those who worship Jesus to attend church. How can one be against organized religion and still be a worshipper of Christ?
(February 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Probably refering to organised religion. Or what 16th century calvinists in the Netherlands and the UK, including those who chopped Charles Stuart the seconds head of, refered to as "popish, popery".

It's any religion they could think of.

False Religions Exposed

The list includes - Church of Christ, Episcopal Church, Jehovah Witnesses, Lutherans, Mormonism, Pentecostal / Charismatic, Seventh-Day Adventist and United Church of Christ as well as Greek Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholicism and Russian Orthodox.

Needless to say, Atheism is included as a religion but it's nice to see this quote at the end of the index -

Quote:“It's better to have no religion than the wrong religion.” —Dr. Jack Hyles

I'll go along with that instead of worrying about which religion I should follow. Big Grin
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(February 12, 2013 at 5:34 pm)TheLameMayWalk Wrote: This is highly hipocrytical. It is the duty of those who worship Jesus to attend church. How can one be against organized religion and still be a worshipper of Christ?

That question was asked 400 years ago by a monk called Luther.

It resulted in a brutal 30 years war, the english civil war, a war between england and france, a war between england and the netherlands and a war between spain and the netherlands.
And in the following 300 years protestants and catholics would slaughter each other in europe over that useless and silly question.

Dont take this wrong, but 300 years of bloodshed have made it obviuos that the question isnt worth answering.
Religion =/= Christianity
(February 12, 2013 at 7:43 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Religion =/= Christianity

You're right. Silly us for thinking that xtianity is a religion.

It is a widespread cult.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(February 12, 2013 at 9:06 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(February 12, 2013 at 7:43 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Religion =/= Christianity

You're right. Silly us for thinking that xtianity is a religion.

It is a widespread cult.

I've made several comments like this. What I mean when i separate religion from Christ, is the method of worship/religion taking priority over the establishment of a personal relationship. Corporate worship or religious worship is often steeped in meaningless ceremony, and mindless tradition. Why is this a bad thing? It's not always a bad thing for everyone. For our greatest command is to worship our god with all of our being. For SOME this means they have to follow a corporate model of worship. However for most a corporate style worship is boring and off putting, making it toxic to the faith we are to have.
(February 12, 2013 at 9:45 pm)Drich Wrote: I've made several comments like this. What I mean when i separate religion from Christ, is the method of worship/religion taking priority over the establishment of a personal relationship. Corporate worship or religious worship is often steeped in meaningless ceremony, and mindless tradition. Why is this a bad thing? It's not always a bad thing for everyone. For our greatest command is to worship our god with all of our being. For SOME this means they have to follow a corporate model of worship. However for most a corporate style worship is boring and off putting, making it toxic to the faith we are to have.

It's not a bad thing, IMO. I personally prefer less emphasis on the "organized" bit of organized religion. A bunch of people with personal relationships with god are much less likely to start a real, potentially world-ending war than many people united under an artificial bureaucracy.

But the issue becomes, how does someone define a religion that doesn't adhere to strict guidelines? A lot of the people who I've seen arguing with you (including myself) don't like that you seem to answer that question by using your own, personal definition of what a Christian is. You can have your opinion, of course, but it makes debate a nightmare of shifting goalposts if you don't clearly define it beforehand. (And no one ever clearly defines what specific type of Christian they are.)
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4853 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9583 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Vatican Children's Hospital showcasing something besides excellence in child care vorlon13 14 3461 July 19, 2017 at 1:49 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leaving christianity, a bit of my story Lucifer 87 8636 July 16, 2016 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Suppose I Did something Bad Rhondazvous 45 7946 October 17, 2015 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Something to think about dyresand 9 2221 August 26, 2015 at 3:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Miley Cyrus says something fairly coherent. Spooky 11 3037 June 15, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  something interesting to read dyresand 22 6139 November 17, 2014 at 9:46 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear" atheist04330 16 3336 August 6, 2014 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ken Ham is finally good for something! Esquilax 27 3398 July 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn