Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does god still make new demons for the devil?
Rainbow 
Does god still make new demons for the devil?
Now that the population has topped 7 billion, the need for possessive demons has skyrocketed. So my question to theists is, "Does god have to make new demons every Sunday to cope with the demand?"
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Does god still make new demons for the devil?
Hmm.. no takers.
You're starting with a logical fallacy... So what is their to take?
satan may have started out with more than enough.
I think he is suppose to take Sundays off. Maybe that is on his weekly to do list.
Wake up (check)
Eat my Cheerios (check)
Punish the innocent and reward the evil(check)
Make more demons and angels (check)
Lift and make some gains( check)
Finally reveal myself to mankind (eh maybe tomorrow)
(March 4, 2013 at 9:43 pm)Drich Wrote: You're starting with a logical fallacy... So what is their to take?

You must be in love with the words "logical fallacy."
Claiming "logical fallacy" alone is equivalent to saying "n'uh uh,"
it gives no information other that to signal your disagreement.

Wipe your keyboard off and write something of consequence or don't comment at all please.

Oh, just to spell out the issue a bit simpler for those that can't handle the humor. The question is "did god create a finite set of demons, and if so how did he gage the quantity he needed?" If not, does he continue to create them as new people are born and possessed? What is the scriptural basis for the XTIAN positions?
I have to agree with him Drich. It's not really a logical fallacy, it's just a stupid question.

Brakeman - you disprove all the teachers who told us that there's no such thing as a stupid question. Well done. Clap
(March 5, 2013 at 8:54 am)John V Wrote: I have to agree with him Drich. It's not really a logical fallacy, it's just a stupid question.

Brakeman - you disprove all the teachers who told us that there's no such thing as a stupid question. Well done. Clap

It's only a stupid question because of the stupidity of the presumption, that god and demons exist. Otherwise it is just an inquiry into the non visible arrangements of a story. It's not too much unlike asking how many sticks were made into magic wands by the wizard that made Harry Potter's. The answer would have significant meaning to us scholars.

The reason the question bugs christians so much though is that it brings up a topic that embarrasses them. Demon possession regarded as silliness by modern man.

When your god was making demons, how many did he make and why? What was his goal? When did he stop and say, "thats just enough?" Or does he continue to make them on the fly?

Why can't you answer this question? Can't you just pray about it and tell me what he says? I'd like to hear it as close to the source as possible. Why won't you pray to jesus and tell me what he says? Are you no longer on speaking terms?
(March 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm)Brakeman Wrote: [It's only a stupid question because of the stupidity of the presumption, that god and demons exist.
No, it's stupid because god is omiscient, and so it's nonsensical to ask how he gauged the quantity he needed.
(March 5, 2013 at 8:54 am)John V Wrote: I have to agree with him Drich. It's not really a logical fallacy, it's just a stupid question.

Brakeman Wrote:Now that the population has topped 7 billion, the need for possessive demons has skyrocketed.

Broke man starts out with a fallacy of false cause or Non sequitor.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Which makes His arguement/question not valid. In a sense a stupid question.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 2002 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18707 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  The Devil just needs a character rewrite Nachos_of_Nurgle 16 1535 February 16, 2022 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8300 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1457 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5251 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2180 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89406 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1695 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2340 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear