Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An original argument against creationism
An original argument against creationism
One argument that I have never heard against creationism is that based what parts of the bible I have read the god depicted in that terrible book the bible is too stupid to be able to create the earth in 6 days. There is no way for "god" who is not even able to solve any world problems such as hunger, rape and aids is able to create everything on the earth including us in-fact I don't see there god to be even intelligent enough to create a simple Prokaryotic cell. The solution for those that still believe in creationism is just to stop believing in there crap theory and accept that there is no god.
RE: An original argument against creationism
Well, there is another way to account for that: God is smart enough to fix all those problems, but chooses not to because he is evil and enjoys watching people suffer.

If Yahweh is real, that is the only plausible character analysis of him. He is definitely not good or loving or caring in the slightest.
God is not very bright because the primitive men who invented him were not very bright.

What does that say about the asswipes who still "follow" him?
Those old goat herders had an excuse, they were many centuries away from anything resembling a real understanding of the world.

In the 21st century, there's no excuse.
Nerd - 1. welcome, 2. you don't come across as very intelligent if you can't spell correctly. Is English your first language? If yes, are you American?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
How can you know if something's good if you can't understand the opposite? God has given to us evil so that we may fully understand what is good (That is why the tree was of the 'knowledge of good AND evil'- you can't know one without knowing the other), even though most of the good things have not yet come.
If Yahweh is what the bible says he is then we can be sure that there will come a time when he will wipe away all the tears from our eyes, and there will be no more death, or mourning, or crying or pain anymore (Rev 21:4) and all the earth will know him (Hab 2:14). I'm sure that all our problems will seem like nothing when this happens- but they will have given us a much better appreciation of God's ways.
Are we supposed to be doing nothing about these problems? No. We are instructed by God to care for the poor, try to make peace, etc... we just need to realise that it will only be completely fixed when God intervenes.
I hope this answers your question...
I'm kinda busy and don't have much time for these forums, so if you respond to this post, don't expect me to reply immediately- but I will try to get back to you sometime.
(March 3, 2013 at 7:58 am)Aractus Wrote: Is English your first language? If yes, are you American?
No it is c++ Big Grin Why do I not come across as very intelligent I just struggle with grammar that does not necessarily influence one's intelligence.
No way

Sarcasm
xXUKAFTTXx
(March 3, 2013 at 1:31 am)Nerd Wrote: One argument that I have never heard against creationism is that based what parts of the bible I have read the god depicted in that terrible book the bible is too stupid to be able to create the earth in 6 days. There is no way for "god" who is not even able to solve any world problems such as hunger, rape and aids is able to create everything on the earth including us in-fact I don't see there god to be even intelligent enough to create a simple Prokaryotic cell. The solution for those that still believe in creationism is just to stop believing in there crap theory and accept that there is no god.

[Image: epicurus.jpg]
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 3, 2013 at 9:08 am)jap23 Wrote: How can you know if something's good if you can't understand the opposite? God has given to us evil so that we may fully understand what is good (That is why the tree was of the 'knowledge of good AND evil'- you can't know one without knowing the other), even though most of the good things have not yet come.

Which of course raises a very valid counter question: if god wanted to "give" us both good and evil, why did he bind up all knowledge of those two subjects in the fruit of that extra special tree, and then bar his creations from eating from it and imbibing that knowledge?

Quote:If Yahweh is what the bible says he is then we can be sure that there will come a time when he will wipe away all the tears from our eyes, and there will be no more death, or mourning, or crying or pain anymore (Rev 21:4) and all the earth will know him (Hab 2:14). I'm sure that all our problems will seem like nothing when this happens- but they will have given us a much better appreciation of God's ways.

Depends on the bible verses you choose to believe, I suppose. And on just how sure of your salvation you are.

Quote:Are we supposed to be doing nothing about these problems? No. We are instructed by God to care for the poor, try to make peace, etc... we just need to realise that it will only be completely fixed when God intervenes.
I hope this answers your question...

Another questions comes, then: why hasn't god intervened already? Why would he allow evil and suffering at all? What's the benefit of that?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my argument against afterlife an equivocation fallacy? FlatAssembler 61 2594 June 20, 2023 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 12735 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  My Almighty VS your argument against it Won2blv 43 3788 May 5, 2022 at 9:13 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15698 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
  What is the best counter argument against "What do you lose by believing?" Macoleco 25 1877 May 1, 2021 at 8:05 pm
  The Argument Against Evil-lution no one 19 3487 January 5, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6754 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Evolution and Creationism PerennialPhilosophy 33 4735 March 23, 2016 at 2:57 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's up with creationism? bussta33 104 9134 January 23, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Matt Dillahunty's great argument against some people who deny Evolution Heat 1 2274 November 11, 2015 at 4:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus