Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you debated a Muslim?
How do you debated a Muslim?
There is a guy at work who is a Muslim, and he will not let me me get in a word in. Also as I do not who the Quran, what are the pages that show it's not a religion of peace but of its a brutal religion?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: How do you debated a Muslim?
Tell him you don't give a flying fuck about him, his fucking koran, his fucking prophet or his fucking god.

With any luck he'll stop talking to you.

Consider it a win because its obvious that the superstitious fuck has nothing worthwhile to say.
I read the Quoran.
The first page said:

"This is the book and it shall not be doubted"

Which pritty much sais all you need to know, a muslim who will rather accuse you of heresy than take serious the thing you critizise about his religion.

But anyway.
Ask him about these 3 terms and how he thinks of them:

1: Dhimmis

2: Mustamins

3: Harbis

These are the categories in which "non believers" are categorised.
Dhimmis: People who can live under Islamic rule without the same rights as muslims
Mustamis: People who through a contract of interest currently have almoust the same rights as Dhimmis
Harbis: People who live outside of the world ruled by islam and dont have any rights at all, not even the right to life.

See, from an islamic point of view, if you dont live in an islamic country under islamic law, you dont even have the right to live.
(March 15, 2013 at 6:52 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: There is a guy at work who is a Muslim, and he will not let me me get in a word in. Also as I do not who the Quran, what are the pages that show it's not a religion of peace but of its a brutal religion?

Any pages you show him he will just say one word doesn't mean another word or it's out of context so it's pointless. Even if you point out that lots of mosques have been caught preaching against women and homosexual and the kufar it won't matter either because he will just say they aren't real muslims.

Basically the problem lies within the verses saying fight them how they fought you. But then you have to ask who is them, and how did they fight you. If Americans killed Muslims by bombing them and some innocent people were killed then is the term them just Americans in general?
Osama Bin Laden believed that civilians were acceptable targets, it says in the quran to not be an aggressor but to attack people the way they attacked you, which has obviously been left up to a varied interpretation by Muslims.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

If he won't let you get a word in, why debate him? Tell him next time you are to debate, that it is a give and take.

The way debates should work is that, one party makes a claim, the other party has a chance to refute it. As soon as he starts to change to another subject, tell him you won't move on until one of you concedes the preceding point, or you get to an impasse. When theists get cornered logically, they tend to try to change the subject.

Why bother trying to find passages that show it is not a religion of peace? Just debate him on the existence of a god. There is no need to debate him on particular attributes of his god, religion, or texts until the existence of a god is established in the first place. Might as well debate him on the color of the invisible dragon living in your backyard.

But if you want to debate on the unreliability of the Koran, go for it. It won't work, though. Theists are pretty talented at coming up with ad hoc arguments on the fly as to why your interpretation is wrong for certain passages.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
TGAC Wrote:See, from an islamic point of view, if you dont live in an islamic country under islamic law, you dont even have the right to live.

AHA!!

So THIS is the reason for the DEMANDS for sharia/ shite law??

How stupid are these people??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Also what I tend to do when debating any Christian, Jewish, or Muslim person ALWAYS remember that this person who is opposing you believes that there was a man who got a couple of every single animal on the world on board a boat which sailed through waves that were like mountains, and that a man flew to heaven on a horse, and so on.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

May be you should find out what Islam is before indicting it...

In other words - not be closed minded Smile

"Hey Christians - I have this Atheist at work: I've never studied atheism but what facts should I tell him that will show he is full of c***?"

Very closed minded! Smile
Kudos given by (1): Dawud
(March 16, 2013 at 8:40 am)Dawud Wrote: May be you should find out what Islam is before indicting it...

In other words - not be closed minded Smile

"Hey Christians - I have this Atheist at work: I've never studied atheism but what facts should I tell him that will show he is full of c***?"

Very closed minded! Smile

That's so true I agree with you on one hand but on the other hand it is very time consuming to listen to the claims of every single religion and study every single one.
BUT you are right, if someone wants to refute certain claims they should study them before just trying to find simple quotations.
Don't forget though that the same thing DOES happen on muslim websites.

I have seen many many times threads and posts which say something like "hey guys, someone was trying to teach me about evolution, how can I prove what they're saying is wrong?"
Or simply threads entitled something along the lines of "HEY LETS ALL TRY AND GATHER EVIDENCE THAT EVOLUTION IS WRONG" rather than "lets talk about evolution" or "lets gather evidence about evolution then come up with some opinions"

PS when you say
Quote:full of C***
do you mean full of cunt or cock? both are pretty confusing curse words to say someone is full of

Absolutely

I mean crap
Kudos given by (1): Dawud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1801 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2350 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  An interesting Muslim-Atheist discussion on Religion and Rationality SuperSentient 10 2908 March 5, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Here's what can happen to an atheist in a Muslim country drfuzzy 12 2214 February 13, 2016 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Christian Fundamentalism vis a vis Muslim Fundamentalism Rhondazvous 12 2252 November 1, 2015 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Being an ex-muslim in Britain Napoléon 24 4572 October 13, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My story! I am an Ex-Muslim, became and Atheist. I was visited by an Angel of God. Prince 242 26283 June 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE Brian37 24 4899 May 1, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8402 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Asian or muslim? lifesagift 24 4307 September 14, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: lifesagift