Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salutations
Salutations
I decided that because all of the threads started with, "Hello..." I would go against the norm.
My name is Meredith and I'm *gasp* new. I've stalked AF for sometime now, but have just recently worked up the courage to join.
Anyway, hi~!
RE: Salutations
Welcome
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Thanks.
Anything I should know before I delve into the depths of the forum?
(March 18, 2013 at 9:13 pm)Syncopatient Wrote: I decided that because all of the threads started with, "Hello..." I would go against the norm.
My name is Meredith and I'm *gasp* new. I've stalked AF for sometime now, but have just recently worked up the courage to join.
Anyway, hi~!

Normally I would give one of two of my standard responses to a newbie.

1. "Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags of your mattress"

Or

2. To quote Obe Wan from the original Star Wars "You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy"

But since you said "worked up the courage to join" I am curious as to what you meant?
Welcome
(March 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(March 18, 2013 at 9:13 pm)Syncopatient Wrote: I decided that because all of the threads started with, "Hello..." I would go against the norm.
Anyway, hi~!

Normally I would give one of two of my standard responses to a newbie.

1. "Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags of your mattress"

Or

2. To quote Obe Wan from the original Star Wars "You will never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy"

But since you said "worked up the courage to join" I am curious as to what you meant?

I guess I really don't know. As I've read and looked over threads on AF, I've realized just how eloquent and well spoken many of the members are and I felt a little inept.
One of my biggest fears is sounding like an idiot and even though it may just be on an internet forum, I still don't want to look like the Elementary student in a college lecture hall.
(March 18, 2013 at 10:11 pm)Brian37 Wrote: rip the tags of your mattress"
Murderer!

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Salutations? You don't happen to play Guild Wars 2, do you? Big Grin

Welcome to AF!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:have just recently worked up the courage to join.

I didn't think we were that fierce.

[Image: 845e6c95.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salutations Sodomites! Mr C_L 83 13546 December 23, 2016 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Salutations Ambiguous Atheist 19 2399 November 14, 2016 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Greetings & Salutations Hitchslap 14 2841 June 24, 2016 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Hitchslap
  Greetings & Salutations Trew2Life 10 2185 May 31, 2015 at 4:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus