Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are decent Christians.
There are decent Christians.
http://greenstreetchurch.org/public-stat...st-church/

North Carolina church refuses to sign marriage licenses for straight people until the government makes it legal to sign marriage licenses for LGBT couples.
RE: There are decent Christians.
(March 20, 2013 at 1:48 am)Ryantology Wrote: http://greenstreetchurch.org/public-stat...st-church/

North Carolina church refuses to sign marriage licenses for straight people until the government makes it legal to sign marriage licenses for LGBT couples.

Now those are some Christians with the right stuff.
I would go so far to say: Most Christians are decent people!

At least where I am from.
No, there aren't. Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yep, most people are okay and all Christians are people. The Christians we tend to have in mind when we rant are the ones who rant at us or about us, it's easy to forget the silent majority who just want to make a living, enjoy their families, and don't see why they should make a big fuss about some people being different from them if they're not hurting anybody.
Haha wow who knew there were decent Christians? But really, I would say most Christians are cool people, they just need to look at their beliefs a little more skeptically IMO
"I trust my own reason and my own capacities to think and educate myself and to reach greater levels of knowlege and status through learning and work. To me, wishing for a god is like wishing to be a slave, it is like declaring that one is too incompetent to handle one's own affairs." - the germans are coming
That's lovely Smile
That's a WIN in my book
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Well they are decent because they are not following scripture. Last I checked homosexuals where to be stoned. So, either throw rocks or cannabis at them.
(March 21, 2013 at 5:02 pm)thatwhichisnt Wrote: Well they are decent because they are not following scripture. Last I checked homosexuals where to be stoned. So, either throw rocks or cannabis at them.

Exactly. What you have is Christians realizing that their scripture is evil. I can only hope they'll follow this fact to its natural conclusion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11031 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  How Christians and there god sound to me. Gooders1002 248 61717 December 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Whitewolf