Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Come on, baby, see the future with me: SixthSense
Come on, baby, see the future with me: SixthSense
This was some crazy MIT shit I remembered seeing (and being impressed by) years ago when the first prototype was unveiled. What follows is a fancy artist's impression of the mature technology, but does it ever give me a big tech boner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig2RSID-kn8
RE: Come on, baby, see the future with me: SixthSense
Le sigh.... Agree Ryan. Can't wait for it to be a reality.

Have you seen this one?

http://youtu.be/erNZrU0QMTM

http://youtu.be/U1bfzo6o-sY

Mar 2012

and then

http://youtu.be/1qo6y6cnWyA

Nov 2012
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
All those look great, but... too expensive.
The first vid was a bit reminiscent of the Metro UI... That must have been M$'s hand in there..
And what the future whill actualy look like:

[Image: Iran-threatens-Israel-over-strike-on-Syr...arting.jpg]
(March 22, 2013 at 7:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: All those look great, but... too expensive.
The first vid was a bit reminiscent of the Metro UI... That must have been M$'s hand in there..

Thing is that Crown Corning™ has this technology available now. I agree with Ryan...exciting times. Geez I hope to see it.

TGAC-

How can sand be too expensive? those stupid islamic states have to have some-thing to sell when we tell them to shove their oil.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
TGAC -

That's certainly one way to produce glass; however, I doubt it would meet the technology's specifications.
(March 22, 2013 at 7:57 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: And what the future whill actualy look like:

Surely due to the temporary nature of a mushroom cloud it wont look like that for long.
Yeah I know...I was born too early and have taught my children:

[Image: 562876_630664020296388_2061656223_n.jpg]
Growing up, I'd say my TV childhood was defined by Star Trek, Reading Rainbow, Batman and Pokemon. My mom was responsible for the first two.

I also remember when I was seven, my mom and I read The Hobbit. It was fantastic - I can hear her voice in the back of my skull paralleling the words my internal voice reads from that book to this day.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 22, 2013 at 7:07 am)pocaracas Wrote: All those look great, but... too expensive.

Science finds a way. I'm fascinated by the concept of flexible and even "foldable" displays, which may not be that far away. I can imagine a day when your TV or computer monitor are like a window shade. Roll it up when it's not in use and carry it anywhere, tucked under your arm or even stuffed into a coat pocket.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't see my RAID 5 Array in Win 10 popeyespappy 35 2408 October 26, 2018 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Either the most benign or the most insidious virus I've ever come across... Rev. Rye 2 1384 February 2, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Inventions of the future Napoléon 20 6417 November 30, 2011 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused