Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPLIT] Star Trek, Firefly, B5 etc.
[SPLIT] Star Trek, Firefly, B5 etc.
(August 31, 2009 at 4:28 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: To quote Spock ... "An ancestor of mine maintained that when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Spock's ancestor is Sherlock Holmes?! Hahaha!

Quote:"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
(Arthur C. Doyle, The Sign of the Four, pg. 111).
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
RE: Is belief in God a choice
(September 5, 2009 at 5:38 am)Arcanus Wrote:
(August 31, 2009 at 4:28 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: To quote Spock ... "An ancestor of mine maintained that when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Spock's ancestor is Sherlock Holmes?! Hahaha!

Is that supposed to be some weak-arsed attempt at ridicule? If so go watch the fucking film!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
(September 5, 2009 at 6:57 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Is that supposed to be some weak-arsed attempt at ridicule? If so go watch the fucking film!

Ehhh... no, it was an attempt at enjoying something I found richly ironic. God, Trekkies are so fucking sensitive... Tongue
(Oscar Wilde)
(September 5, 2009 at 7:25 am)Arcanus Wrote:
(September 5, 2009 at 6:57 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Is that supposed to be some weak-arsed attempt at ridicule? If so go watch the fucking film!

Ehhh... no, it was an attempt at enjoying something I found richly ironic. God, Trekkies are so fucking sensitive...

Puhleaze ... If you're gonna label me at least do it right! I am NOT a trekkie or even close! I like Kirk and ST:TOS sure but that's about it! Now if we're talking REAL science Fiction like B5 or Firefly then sure ... I'll happily associate myself with it!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!

(September 5, 2009 at 1:46 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Puhleaze ... If you're gonna label me at least do it right! I am NOT a trekkie or even close! I like Kirk and ST:TOS sure but that's about it! Now if we're talking REAL science Fiction like B5 or Firefly then sure ... I'll happily associate myself with it!

Firefly... is that what the movie Serenity was based on? I fucking LOVED that movie, either way. Seen it multiple times.
(Oscar Wilde)
(September 5, 2009 at 2:07 pm)Arcanus Wrote:
(September 5, 2009 at 1:46 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Puhleaze ... If you're gonna label me at least do it right! I am NOT a trekkie or even close! I like Kirk and ST:TOS sure but that's about it! Now if we're talking REAL science Fiction like B5 or Firefly then sure ... I'll happily associate myself with it!

Firefly... is that what the movie Serenity was based on? I fucking LOVED that movie, either way. Seen it multiple times.

Pretty much hated it ... loved the series, hated the movie!

Kyu
Angry Atheism

The movie was great! Sure, they killed off some characters, but they tied up a load of loose ends, including the relationship of Kayley and Simon. Plus River got "cured" which was good Big Grin
The writers of Star Trek episodes have stolen a lot of material from various sources. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I do it all the time myself. Some famous writer stated "A good writer doesn't borrow -- he steals." I steal that one frequently and I forgot who I stole it from.

It's strange that Conan Doyle the creator of the great detective Sherlock Holmes was anything but a detective himself. He was a very gullible man. He believed all kinds of hokum. He was one of the people who examined the famous photos of the Cottingly Fairies and he determined them to be real.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
(September 5, 2009 at 4:36 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: Some famous writer stated "A good writer doesn't borrow -- he steals." I steal that one frequently and I forgot who I stole it from.

I know Bob Dylan said it. So did TS Elliott and Picasso.
(September 5, 2009 at 4:36 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: The writers of Star Trek episodes have stolen a lot of material from various sources. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I do it all the time myself. Some famous writer stated "A good writer doesn't borrow -- he steals." I steal that one frequently and I forgot who I stole it from.

It's strange that Conan Doyle the creator of the great detective Sherlock Holmes was anything but a detective himself. He was a very gullible man. He believed all kinds of hokum. He was one of the people who examined the famous photos of the Cottingly Fairies and he determined them to be real.

He also played in goal for Portsmouth AFC.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neptune, Saturn, Venus, Uranus, etc. arewethereyet 23 1535 July 16, 2023 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  De-Pluralize A Film, Book, etc BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1098 September 18, 2022 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 430 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 823 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1734 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 525 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Have a Stellar Star Wars Day onlinebiker 44 2212 May 5, 2019 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Nakara
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7820 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3384 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie