Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs
Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs
a link to another article, which shows the positive effects of a loiberal drug policy:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...91060.html
RE: Portugal, 12 Years after Decriminalizing Drugs
Yet, all work is bound to be lost. Due to the bailout program the state is cutting spenditure and the whole effort may be of no use if the support program for addicts is lost.

ETA: furthermore, economicq difficulties have aggravated the drug abuse.
It's amazing how much people think the poor should be drug-free.

As if hopelessness, monotony of existing work, and a cycle of poverty isn't going to generate demand for a chemical release. /s

The low middle class to poor clearly are never going to be able to invest in a vacation or find time for engaging activities.

Cue the conservative "If I can do it, so can they" bullshit.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(March 27, 2013 at 10:27 am)LastPoet Wrote: Yet, all work is bound to be lost. Due to the bailout program the state is cutting spenditure and the whole effort may be of no use if the support program for addicts is lost.

ETA: furthermore, economicq difficulties have aggravated the drug abuse.

You know, I use to support the austerity messures brought up by the Merkel goverment. But currently I am believing that my goverment is wrecking the societies of other european nations. Unfortunatly most of my fellow countrymen dont see it that way. But if a left wing goverment should be elected here in this fall, you can be certain that the austerity messures will stop and that we might take over some of the Portugese debt and encourage spending again.
I definitely drank more when I lived at my old place with the salary I used to have. When my salary bumped up, I was able to buy a nice camera and got a hobby I could afford.

Ever notice that? Hobbies cost money too. Even "useful" ones. Being poor basically reduces you to either surfing the net or the television or walking.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hell, given the economic vortex this place is in, even drug dealers don't wanna trade here. To the best efforts of portuguese police (also under cutbacks), they use this point more as an entryway to the rest of europe, where they can draw profits.
"Austerity" is moron for "I can't figure out how to grow the economy so I'll ruin it by reducing demand and total cash flow"

You're supposed to cut costs in good economic times because you can tolerate it and incentivize new business to fill the hole.

So much for so-called "conservatives" being business-friendly...
(March 27, 2013 at 11:04 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: "Austerity" is moron for "I can't figure out how to grow the economy so I'll ruin it by reducing demand and total cash flow"

You're supposed to cut costs in good economic times because you can tolerate it and incentivize new business to fill the hole.

So much for so-called "conservatives" being business-friendly...

There was so much money they could draw somewhere else, like the bankers and big corps... Oh wait, those are the politicians best friends. They only remember about the 'people', when elections are nigh.

My recollection of U.S. statistics is that drug and alcohol abuse is no more prevalent among those on welfare than those not on welfare. What this says about the rates of recreational, non-abusive drug use, or use among the poor, are things I would need to investigate, but I suspect the idea of poor people using drugs more frequently than the rest of society may very well be based on nothing more than stereotypes and a desire to demonize the character of the poor.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Like "entitlements" and "welfare queens" are used as an excuse to cut assistence to the powerless and disenfranchised?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5370 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  80 years.. WinterHold 45 1566 August 23, 2020 at 6:09 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2510 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  After Due Consideration, I Hope The Fucks Pass It Minimalist 3 575 November 24, 2017 at 5:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Apocalypse might be your fault after all WinterHold 28 3046 October 30, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  After leading ACA repeal in the House, Trump praises Australia's universal healthcare Aegon 26 5171 May 6, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  It Took the Republicunts 8 Years To Come Up With This? Minimalist 84 9383 March 16, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  For 8 Years No One Heard A Word From Dubya Minimalist 10 1990 February 28, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Predictions for the next four years TaraJo 45 7766 December 24, 2016 at 9:55 am
Last Post: tjakey
  Will America survive the next 4 years NuclearEnergy 17 1890 December 20, 2016 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Minimalist