Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support'
Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21979034

So, Christians are now a persecuted group within British society are they? If true, which I doubt, then this is a very pathetic and benign form of persecution that they are experiencing compared with the type of persecution that they have historically dished out to others throughout the ages!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Lord Carey attacks PM over Christian 'support'
Beat me to it Dar I was just about to post this.

His case appears to be that the government are not letting them persecute some people by trying to make gay marriage legal and this counts as persecution AGAINST christians.

Send them to the colonies, that's what we did the last time they got uppity.

How'd that work out America.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Persecuted? So when you get special treatment and one thing doesn't go your way its persecution. Sounds like a spoiled child to me.
(March 30, 2013 at 5:47 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Beat me to it Dar I was just about to post this.

His case appears to be that the government are not letting them persecute some people by trying to make gay marriage legal and this counts as persecution AGAINST christians.

Send them to the colonies, that's what we did the last time they got uppity.

How'd that work out America.

Horribly, still haven't found a place to send them ourselves. Being as yall have experience with this, any suggestions? I hear Australia makes a good dump.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 30, 2013 at 10:51 am)Rhythm Wrote: Horribly, still haven't found a place to send them ourselves. Being as yall have experience with this, any suggestions? I hear Australia makes a good dump.

I second that idea. Let the drop bears get them I say.
Quote:He said that Mr Cameron "seems to have forgotten in spite of his oft-repeated support for the right of Christians to wear the cross, that lawyers acting for the coalition argued only months ago in the Strasbourg court that those sacked for wearing a cross against their employer's wishes should simply get another job".
Strange, when I was a Christian I never heard any commandment or doctrine that meant I was required to wear a cross...

Wearing a cross is not part of being a Christian. It's a personal expression, nothing more. If your boss tells you to take it off because it goes against company policy, they are not impeding your right to practice your faith. Not are they persecuting you.
Xtian shitheads always think they are being persecuted.

We need to invest in more lions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baptists in Texas don't support Biden Foxaèr 12 1459 January 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89406 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 29492 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5571 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christian loons who support the death penalty. Jehanne 85 8896 December 4, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jehanne
Lightbulb Support for a friend EllHarris412 52 6046 August 13, 2016 at 6:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Love the Lord your God with all your heart ? Angrboda 144 23023 June 20, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  "For the lord thy god is a jealous god among you." Socratic Meth Head 52 8813 June 8, 2016 at 10:10 am
Last Post: RozKek
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 67167 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Reach a lost and dying world for the Lord Jesus Christ.. TubbyTubby 30 6669 March 16, 2015 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire