Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Came across this forum so thought I would give it a go.

Currently enjoying life as an atheist. I have never had religion forced upon me so have no idea what it would be like being raised under such conditions. It would be interesting to hear people's experiences.
RE: Hello
Welcome!

Well, I got divorced partially due to religious differences. That and she was a cheating harlot from the depths of hell, i.e., a "good" christian.
Welcome aboard.
(April 22, 2013 at 7:08 pm)RobLeach Wrote: Came across this forum so thought I would give it a go.

Currently enjoying life as an atheist. I have never had religion forced upon me so have no idea what it would be like being raised under such conditions. It would be interesting to hear people's experiences.

Forced on me as in raised Catholic. I got major pissed at it back around 4th grade when (to make a long story short) the good catholic school was faking grades and even IQ test results based upon the contribution of parents. Being a stubborn SOB I kept talking about it and answering catechism questions and quizzes that lying was OK for money. I sort of got to enjoy their frustration that they could not stop me. Pissing off nuns can be fun.

Around the 7th grade I learned there was an alternative to religion and haven't stopped since.

At no time did I expose my son to religion and it is as though it does not exist for him. The daughter of one of my long term ladies was not either. The same null response.
Hullo!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Welcome aboard Leach, I'm in the same boat (having never had any religion forced upon me) - I also thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples experiences....I was wrong. It's just depressing, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
'ello.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hi there!
I like your bald head. I wish more heads were bald. It would certainly require less petting and more rubbing. I think rubbing is more fun, anyway. Wink Shades

Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5994 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates