Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayer Medicine
Prayer Medicine
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/2nd-c...XdBl8p4808

I am guessing either they did not pray hard enough or to the wrong God.

I feel sorry for the child that suffered. I am wonder why they were able to keep their second child?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
RE: Prayer Medicine
Stupid people like this are allowed to have kids and kill them, but gay couples are not allowed to legally adopt?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"A jury convicted the Schaibles of involuntary manslaughter in the January 2009 death of their 2-year-old son, Kent."

Fucking idiots, if your baby is ill, you don't take him to your GP and he dies, I say it's voluntary! Dodgy
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I tend to be against forced sterilization, however, in instances like these, I'm willing to make an exception. Won't take your kid to the doctor for simple antibiotics? No more kids for you.
I think prayer is pretty much the republican alternative health care plan: pray to god you don't get sick.
This train of thought needs to be weeded out of society.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
I make it a point to try not to leap to kneejerk bursts of indignation over things like this (not saying that anyone here has, just setting out my stall). With that out of the way, I do admit to a certain anger that there are people around who seem to think it's acceptable to put their kids at risk like that. It's made more acute since I personally know parents who, because of an overzealous Social Services regime of having to meet adoption targets, have had to go through the trauma of having their kids literally snatched from them and absorbed into the care system. Not to mention those like my sweet Sam and I who were never even allowed the chance to have children of our own. I apologise if I come across as bitter.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
These people have a total of 7 children. Well, 5 now that they have managed to kill off two of them.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(April 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: These people have a total of 7 children. Well, 5 now that they have managed to kill off two of them.

Looks like the article says they have 7 children left after the two deaths.

Hey, why get worried about one of the kids dying? After all, you can always make another one, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird medicine. brewer 6 438 February 6, 2021 at 8:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  Quackery in Mainstream Medicine brewer 1 584 January 28, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Modern medicine - still the third leading cause of death John V 108 9790 July 11, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non Traditional Medicine polar bear 41 8471 March 21, 2015 at 9:15 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Faith: Preferred or Not in Medicine? Gawdkins 4 1291 March 4, 2013 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Power of prayer flunks an unusual test Darwinian 35 13056 April 7, 2012 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Musings on Alternative Medicine thesummerqueen 0 802 November 4, 2011 at 10:08 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Scientific prayer? Puck 35 10903 February 27, 2010 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Alternative Medicine Tabby 9 4634 June 29, 2009 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: meowmeow