Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why isn't there a Judaism sub forum?
Why isn't there a Judaism sub forum?
Just curious as to why there's only these two sub forums in the religion section, Christianity and Islam.
RE: Why isn't there a Judaism sub forum?
Has a Jewish person joined these forums before? I don't recall any from my time. Nor do I recall an discussions of Judaism that were not simply side discussions of how it related/didn't relate to Christianity.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Not enough users to justify extra DB space?
More importantly, you can start any thread about Judaism you wish under the Religion forum. We don't create entire sub forums for topics that rarely, if ever, get discussed.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Most jews seem to be secular from what I've read.
(April 28, 2013 at 7:03 pm)Cinjin Wrote: More importantly, you can start any thread about Judaism you wish under the Religion forum.

Or in the "Other Religions" subforum.
(April 28, 2013 at 6:55 pm)frz Wrote: Just curious as to why there's only these two sub forums in the religion section, Christianity and Islam.

Despite its Hollywood prominence it is rather small religion. By body count, including all those who are self-proclaimed Jews only, it would be pretty far down on the ladder sort of in the category of Mormons. Were it not for Islam and Christianity no one would pay much attention to it.
I have a Damned Jews thread...to go along with the Damned Catholics, Damned Protestants, and Damned Muslims threads in News and Activism.

Jews are simply nowhere near as bad as the others.
(April 28, 2013 at 9:03 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Jews are simply nowhere near as bad as the others.

Which is rather ironic considering the fact that they only have the OT to go by...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
I don't know any religious jews. Most of the "jews" I know think the OT is an absurd story.

They also think kosher cooking sucks balls.

I find I like them way more than xtians.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judaism - What is judaism - When did it start? Ferrocyanide 19 1904 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10555 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Judaism: Blood Libel Richerd83 34 1792 July 11, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7015 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1402 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6582 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55927 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Islam versus Judaism KerimF 22 7598 June 29, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: KerimF
  How to learn Judaism sshoaib 11 1949 October 5, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist