Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Evidence" for God
"Evidence" for God
This is a summary of Eric Hovind's evidence for god argument. I watched this video on Youtube and Eric was asked a question by a 6th grade boy, the question was, "What is your evidence for God?" Eric's argument followed with:

I don't know everything; and if I don't know everything then I can't know anything, but I know someone who does know everything and by revelation from him I can know something. That is my evidence for God.

The young boy promptly responded by saying, "That's not proof for god and how can you know you even know the being that knows everything if you can't know anything because you don't know everything?"

I proceeded to laugh my ass off. ROFLOL
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
RE: "Evidence" for God
Funny, no doubt. I would have been more impressed if he asked Eric where is Dad was and if he would be so kind as to explain why.
(May 24, 2013 at 10:45 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: This is a summary of Eric Hovind's evidence for god argument. I watched this video on Youtube and Eric was asked a question by a 6th grade boy, the question was, "What is your evidence for God?" Eric's argument followed with:

I don't know everything; and if I don't know everything then I can't know anything, but I know someone who does know everything and by revelation from him I can know something. That is my evidence for God.

The young boy promptly responded by saying, "That's not proof for god and how can you know you even know the being that knows everything if you can't know anything because you don't know everything?"

Link?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I prefer to be more simple and say.
We can't prove the existence of God , the science have nothing to say about his existence.
(May 25, 2013 at 8:08 am)viocjit Wrote: I prefer to be more simple and say.
We can't prove the existence of God.

Then what is your justification to believe 'God' exists?

Quote: the science have nothing to say about his existence

As soon as theists claim that their god continues to interferes with this universe in the form of answered prayer, miracles, personal communication, etc, they are making claims that are testable. This puts such a god squarely in the purview of science.

There are millions of people that claim to directly communicate with some god or another. Such people are claiming to be 'god detectors'. That is a testable claim. Millions of people claim their prayers are answered. These people are claiming to be 'god manipulators'. That is another testable claim.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(May 24, 2013 at 10:45 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: I don't know everything; and if I don't know everything then I can't know anything, but I know someone who does know everything and by revelation from him I can know something. That is my evidence for God.

This idiot understands nothing, says nothing and worships nothing. And that's the evidence that nothing exists, hence God exists.
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
(May 25, 2013 at 8:08 am)viocjit Wrote: I prefer to be more simple and say.
We can't prove the existence of God , the science have nothing to say about his existence.

Does "God" interact with the Universe in any way, including offering any means to know of its existence? If so, then it falls squarely within the remit of science.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 25, 2013 at 10:52 am)Simsim Wrote: This idiot understands nothing, says nothing and worships nothing. And that's the evidence that nothing exists, hence God exists.

Wrong. They worship money and deluded xtians fork it over to listen to their sorry bullshit.

These people lead lives that are so empty that the mere thought that they might not be getting their "eternal reward" is enough to send them into fits of rage.

Remember H. L. Mencken's description of clergymen.

What is the function that a clergyman performs in the world? Answer: he gets his living by assuring idiots that he can save them from an imaginary hell.
(May 25, 2013 at 4:24 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote:
(May 24, 2013 at 10:45 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: This is a summary of Eric Hovind's evidence for god argument. I watched this video on Youtube and Eric was asked a question by a 6th grade boy, the question was, "What is your evidence for God?" Eric's argument followed with:

Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDPrP-tpeo there's the link.
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2484 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3361 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1659 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4788 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8138 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2883 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1049 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 2594 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Evidence for Believing Lek 368 50502 November 14, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
Information The Best Logique Evidence of God Existence Nogba 225 24264 August 2, 2019 at 11:44 am
Last Post: comet