Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Evening Everyone
Good Evening Everyone
Hi all,

New guy onboard.

I'm an agnostic atheist who was raised Southern Baptist and believed in it fully until I started critically examining my beliefs in my mid 20's. By the time I was around 30-31 I realized that I could no longer believe in Christianity. I'm 39 now and consider myself lucky to be one of the few to deindoctrinate myself with no outside assistance.

I love science of all kinds, but my personal amateur fascination is with evolution, especially human evolution. I'm a little bit obsessed with it and get quite excited about new findings in the field.

I'm a knowledge junky about all things science but my profession is technology. I've been married for 10 years and have two beautiful little girls.

I hope to engage in a lot of interesting discussions with everyone on here.

Oh, I'm in Texas. Yeah. It's that bad. haha. Actually in the IT field I find fellow atheists everywhere I've worked. So it's not all that bad.
RE: Good Evening Everyone
Oh no...another Texan.

Well, as long as you aren't G. W. Bush, welcome.
(June 3, 2013 at 11:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Oh no...another Texan.

Well, as long as you aren't G. W. Bush, welcome.

*grins* GW was born in Connecticut. He's just another immigrant. We get a lot of those down here. We used to call the ones from the North carpetbaggers. But that was back in my GG Grandfather's day.

Thanks for the welcome, Minimalist.
Just call me "Min." That's him in the avatar. Egyptian god of turquoise, I think.
(June 3, 2013 at 11:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Just call me "Min." That's him in the avatar. Egyptian god of turquoise, I think.

Sweet, I didn't know that. They have turquoise in Egypt? I've collected rocks since I was 5 years old. I have some turquoise but it's all American turquoise.

I suspect a couple of them are died howlite. People fake everything these days. Even sadly a lot of rocks. Those bastards. Tongue

The only way to know for sure is to break them. Which would suck because then I have a broke rock. It would suck if it was real, not so much if it really is howlite. I'm not willing to risk it.

Never buy any rocks from the Chinese on ebay unless you really, really know what you are doing. They fake tons of stuff.
Welcome! Where abouts in Texas? I'm currently parking my ass in Corpus.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Good Morning from the "Land Down Under" Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(June 3, 2013 at 11:56 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Welcome! Where abouts in Texas? I'm currently parking my ass in Corpus.

College Station.

No, I'm not an aggie. Their fanatacism reminds me too much of the Hitler youth. haha. Kinda scary sometimes.

(June 3, 2013 at 11:59 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Good Morning from the "Land Down Under" Welcome

Always good to meet an Aussie. Great people.
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Guten Abend

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evening. Nonpareil 15 1254 March 2, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Big Grin Evening! Randys brother 32 4510 October 10, 2015 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Randys brother
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5586 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Evening All ... MisterSuperstar 6 2033 January 10, 2011 at 6:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Good evening all Abraham3 13 3136 December 2, 2010 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Good evening Mr Olefemi 13 3225 July 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mr Olefemi