Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good evening all
Good evening all
My name is Abraham. I've been messaging on InsightBB for a few years and AT&T before that but Insight's just closed themselves to non-Insight customers. So... here we go.
RE: Good evening all
[Image: 88130-26709-grampa-simpson_large.jpg]

Can you tell us some Minimalist stories?
Welcome!
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome, Abe. Folks, Abe is going to be a valuable contributor to the forums, provided he decides to stick around. We've conversed for many years, and I must say that that Abe is one smart cookie.

Good to hear from you, Abe.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(November 30, 2010 at 9:06 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: [Image: 88130-26709-grampa-simpson_large.jpg]

Can you tell us some Minimalist stories?

Pardon?

*cough* *cough* Abraham (Grandpa) Simpson.

Since your an old man Min, I assume naturally that you hang with other old men. Big Grin
welcome to the forums
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(December 1, 2010 at 4:13 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: *cough* *cough* Abraham (Grandpa) Simpson.

Since your an old man Min, I assume naturally that you hang with other old men. Big Grin

I prefer old women.
I'm here now too, Abe... Deb browbeat me into it and from the looks of things, I thank her.

I'm known as Technophobe, folks... or just Tech and that's actually a real nickname for me. It all goes back to when I was a boy and I wanted one of those computer-thingys everyone was talking about. Never mind that we lived out in the middle of nowhere in Northern California... I just wanted one. My dad got tired of listening to me go on and on about it, so one day, he brought home a couple of huge boxes of stuff and told me, "Boy... there's your computer. Now go make it work."

To make a long story short, I eventually got everything put together but I was too intimidated by the operating manual to even turn it on. When my dad noticed that, he started teasing me, calling me a technophobe. And... the name kind of stuck.

In any case, I'm a 34 year old male. I'm married, with kids, and I work as a registered nurse.

Eventually... I'll figure out how to update a profile or whatnot here.

=(: D)
Quote:technophobe' pid='107507' dateline='1291229643'

To make a long story short, I eventually got everything put together but I was too intimidated by the operating manual to even turn it on. When my dad noticed that, he started teasing me, calling me a technophobe. And... the name kind of stuck.

I've wondered for years the history on your nic!

The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2148 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Evening. Nonpareil 15 1254 March 2, 2017 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Big Grin Evening! Randys brother 32 4511 October 10, 2015 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Randys brother
  Hello, All You Good and Godless People! NoFaith2Burn4 18 3993 August 21, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Good Evening Everyone Rahul 19 4405 June 4, 2013 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5590 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  A good day to you all... Brunitski 13 3358 July 29, 2012 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Brunitski
  Evening All ... MisterSuperstar 6 2034 January 10, 2011 at 6:17 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Good evening Mr Olefemi 13 3225 July 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mr Olefemi
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3930 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora