Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man jailed for sick joke.
Man jailed for sick joke.
Community service for this really!

Quote:A student who said on Twitter that people wearing Help for Heroes T-shirts "deserved to be beheaded" was arrested after complaining to police about threatening replies, a court has heard.

Deyka Ayan Hassan, from Harrow, sent the tweet in the aftermath of Drummer Lee Rigby's death in Woolwich, south-east London.

The 21-year-old student admitted sending a malicious electronic message.

She was ordered to complete 250 hours of unpaid work by Hendon magistrates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22821484

Tis a slippery slope we are on here.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Man jailed for sick joke.
If she had been a white woman, the tweet would have been ignored.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Should have been ignored anyway. Its just a crappy joke.
My question is: Where are the free speech advocates? It was a tasteless and bad "joke," but she's being punished for that? And if her joke is considered so awful, why aren't the people who responded with death threats and threats of rape being prosecuted as well? I hope she has a good lawyer...
Slowly taking away free speech. There is a town in my state about 25 minutes away that had a ban on swearing in public. You get caught swearing, $20 fine.

Just shit.
She was rightly punished. We do not have the stupid 1st Amendment. I'm glad she was punished for that truly vile comment. And it's not a man, get your facts straight please.
It's actually not even that bad of a joke. Europeans can feel all high and mighty about some of the shit that flies in the U.S. but when it comes to free speech this would NEVER happen. Hate speech laws are a slippery slope indeed.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Isn`t exactly a call to violence.

In which case I would understand sentencing.
There are times when I rather enjoy living in America - this is one of those times.
I do have to note though that the title of this thread is wrong on two accounts, it was a woman, not a man. Also she wasn't jailed, but ordered to do community service. It's still bullshit though.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4047 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 853 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  At first I thought this was a joke. Minimalist 3 836 December 14, 2017 at 6:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  So the Trump family is allowed to joke about hurting journalists NuclearEnergy 1 740 July 8, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Noam Chomsky: Trump-Russia story is 'a joke.' CapnAwesome 26 5081 April 25, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Dear Sick People, Minimalist 36 5780 January 13, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This Sick 20-Year-Old Wants Her Parents Prosecuted Manowar 15 1947 April 16, 2016 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  I Wish This Was A Joke Minimalist 53 10147 January 24, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Wisconsin Pushes to Have Raw Milk Farmer Vernon Hershberger Jailed Big Blue Sky 51 12436 June 4, 2013 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  This will make you sick!! Manowar 6 2418 January 13, 2013 at 6:32 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb