Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So on the fence.
So on the fence.
In light of more science knowledge mainly in the field of biology (evolutionary, and genectics) and astronomy. I am leaning towards the agnostic belief structure. I feel with the our current knowledge there is little room for a theistic god if any. While I find the harmony that the universe seems to have and the mystery so it can be interpreted to a intelligence. However, I feel as i learn more it seem more complex to simplify to a deity and infact seems to make the wonder of nature lesser in my eyes. So I am on the fence now to a more neutral I do not know mind set, toward the feeling that the debate itself is irrelevant to the condition of mankind and we need to balance our thinking towards more science, and personal philosophical discovery and less into a deity giving purpose. I know it sounds like rambling but I though I throw my thoughts around since it has been a while.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
RE: So on the fence.
umm... Hello and Welcome!
It's okay to be agnostic. My father is and he's probably the most intelligent person I've ever met. Seriously, the man has like a complex matrix of thought instead of what I have, which is simpler and more straightforward.
I been here for a few months, but work has prevented myself from posting. But thank you.

It has been more of a melancoly feel of nature recently. However, nature in and of itself has become more beautiful. With out real provacation I starting my need for a deity (at least a claim to one) less. While I do not know rather or not one does exists. I really do not know what I believe at this point even though I consider myself spiritual.

Being spiritual is a great thing.
Hello. I feel like maybe I know you from elsewhere. Did you used to be a Christian?
(June 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm)Dena Wrote: Hello. I feel like maybe I know you from elsewhere. Did you used to be a Christian?

If you used to traverse the CARM forums then yes we know each other. And to answer the second part of the question no I am not.

It's OK to be on the fence, but as far as I'm concerned if there's no definite evidence then there's no reason to believe in something.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 12, 2013 at 9:47 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It's OK to be on the fence, but as far as I'm concerned if there's no definite evidence then there's no reason to believe in something.

Indeed, however I believe not everything can be definite. Hence why there is a thing called inductive reasoning. When Deductive evidence is absent however observable patterns are present, then you use inductive to make an educated assumption.

(June 12, 2013 at 9:20 am)bladevalant546 Wrote:
(June 11, 2013 at 8:58 pm)Dena Wrote: Hello. I feel like maybe I know you from elsewhere. Did you used to be a Christian?

If you used to traverse the CARM forums then yes we know each other. And to answer the second part of the question no I am not.

Aha, yes! I thought it was you. I've done some fence sitting myself, so I know how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  De-converting the fence-sitters Alan 3 3027 September 28, 2008 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet