Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have decided to become an Atheist
I have decided to become an Atheist
Before I was like a liberal,freethinking,christian kinda thing. but i am just sick and tired of how messed up the world is and how God does nothing to help. I suffer from mental illness and have been in therapy and meds for years and I am sick of the pain and am just so pissed off and sick of God, I don't want anything to do with Him anymore.

So I have decided to become an Atheist, I put on my facebook and told everyone I am atheist now and God is no good for me. I also changed my religious view on this forum to Atheist. What are some other ways I can get people to know I am atheist? I play gw2 and I made a new character with the last name Atheist.

Where do you guys buy your clothes? I'd like to buy some shirts that say Atheist on them or make fun of Christianity/God.

I think this is a good turning point for my life, and maybe God will change his ways and realize what a dick he can be, but I doubt it.
RE: I have decided to become an Atheist
Hilarious...
Parody is not your forte.
The thing that makes satire good is when it exposes something that's true.

You, sir, are bad at satire. I give you kudos for trying, though.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(July 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Jextin Wrote: Before I was like a liberal,freethinking,christian kinda thing. but i am just sick and tired of how messed up the world is and how God does nothing to help. I suffer from mental illness and have been in therapy and meds for years and I am sick of the pain and am just so pissed off and sick of God, I don't want anything to do with Him anymore.

So I have decided to become an Atheist, I put on my facebook and told everyone I am atheist now and God is no good for me. I also changed my religious view on this forum to Atheist. What are some other ways I can get people to know I am atheist? I play gw2 and I made a new character with the last name Atheist.

Where do you guys buy your clothes? I'd like to buy some shirts that say Atheist on them or make fun of Christianity/God.

I think this is a good turning point for my life, and maybe God will change his ways and realize what a dick he can be, but I doubt it.

[Image: 7nTnr.png]
(July 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: The thing that makes satire good is when it exposes something that's true.

You, sir, are bad at satire. I give you kudos for trying, though.

No. No kudos for trying. When you fail as poorly as the OP did, any points for effort must inherently be deducted.
Are you all sure this is meant to be parody or satire?

Or is it just wishful thinking that nobody could be that dumb without it being an attempt at parody or satire?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(July 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Jextin Wrote: Before I was like a liberal,freethinking,christian kinda thing. but i am just sick and tired of how messed up the world is and how God does nothing to help. I suffer from mental illness and have been in therapy and meds for years and I am sick of the pain and am just so pissed off and sick of God, I don't want anything to do with Him anymore.

If you believe in god but don't like him then I am afraid you aren't an atheist because you still believe in god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K5PGWZ0DWI

You are whatever Riddick is.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm)Jextin Wrote: I put on my facebook

[Image: thefacebookshirt.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Are you all sure this is meant to be parody or satire?

Or is it just wishful thinking that nobody could be that dumb without it being an attempt at parody or satire?

The latter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3251 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What made you become an atheist? Atomic Lava 69 6157 December 12, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What made you become an atheist? Handprint 170 46238 October 3, 2018 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Cod
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 92755 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  How did u become an atheist? Lebneni Murtad 52 10067 April 6, 2017 at 1:21 am
Last Post: surreptitious57
  so i decided to google "if christians should vote trump" Rextos 17 2381 June 7, 2016 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 7307 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  How did you become an atheist? Excited Penguin 256 33059 December 26, 2015 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  When, Where, How and Why did you become Atheist? bambi_swag 122 27362 October 18, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Can Atheism become corrupt like religion? superAtheistnut 54 9759 April 20, 2015 at 3:01 am
Last Post: robvalue