Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apologetics website
apologetics website
I'm curious about what you all think about this website.

http://www.godandscience.org/youngearth/...earth.html
RE: apologetics website
Old earth creationists are a little better than young earth creationists.
Skimmed through.

1. Got to the end where they advertised a book by Hugh Ross. He went against some young earth creationist once in a debate and I quite liked him, he spoke very clearly about science. And then he went against the atheists and he said many terrible things, including atheists should be in hell and be burned and tortured (he also said it'll be worse than burning) because that's the best thing god can do to us and if god doesn't do that to us, we'll harm ourselves. That dude sounds coherent in his science (as far as I know, cosmology/geology is not my specialty), but he's delusional. You may be able to find that debate on youtube.

2. It has a page against macroevolution. I don't take people who say that seriously.
It's not encased in shit, but it's smothered in it.
Being not quite as fucking stupid as YECs is not much of an improvement.

The OECs don't quite grasp that we don't need their fucking god.

I've come across that site once or twice. It didn't appear anything more than the usual crap.

I don't think the site you link is directly associated with Ross, but a paper I was reading at infidels.org suggested a good place to go for criticism of Old Earth Creationism: namely, Young Earth Creationists.

http://www.reasons.org/ (Reasons To Believe - Hugh Ross' website)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(August 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm)Nightfoot92 Wrote: I'm curious about what you all think about this website.

Apologetics is the art of arguing for the existence of "the force" with all the credulity without the recognition that god belief is mere fiction, like the fans of Star Wars accept.

Elaborate tripe and still in the end they cant get a patent on their god theory.
I started reading the "answers for atheists" part.
Yes they are a little better than YECs, but still, they start from a straw man about the "atheist worldview" and then spew a bunch of arguments from ignorance. Useless crap.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 5, 2013 at 11:39 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 5, 2013 at 3:07 pm)Nightfoot92 Wrote: I'm curious about what you all think about this website.

Apologetics is the art of arguing for the existence of "the force" with all the credulity without the recognition that god belief is mere fiction, like the fans of Star Wars accept.

Elaborate tripe and still in the end they cant get a patent on their god theory.
I totally agree with this. Apologists are a complete waste of space.
(August 6, 2013 at 6:39 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote:

I totally agree with this. Apologists are a complete waste of space.

And time.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3051 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  Pre-Suppositional Christian Apologetics SpecUVdust 11 2584 November 14, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: SpecUVdust
  Apologetics open challenge robvalue 172 39968 October 3, 2015 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Zeus apologetics Lemonvariable72 33 5735 November 5, 2013 at 4:19 am
Last Post: genkaus
  New Video on Apologetics DeistPaladin 83 23775 February 6, 2013 at 10:15 am
Last Post: catfish
Shocked Mormon Apologetics Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 3597 September 23, 2012 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  (not spam) This website changed my life. crash515 28 9391 September 16, 2012 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Angrboda
Thumbs Up Good Website for Statistics Napoléon 0 1202 June 30, 2012 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  The inherent sleaze of apologetics DeistPaladin 11 4801 January 20, 2011 at 5:31 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Who wants to help me with a project (website) ? Help 11 4289 April 17, 2009 at 8:30 am
Last Post: LukeMC