Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to help me with a project (website) ?
Who wants to help me with a project (website) ?
Hi,

I am 23 years, live in the Netherlands and am an agnost, yet I am sure that Gods as described in holy books are 100% creations of man.

For years I have been watching the impact of religion on the world. I have lived 1 year in Turkey and watched many documantaries and video's. And then there's the hours of philosophing with my friends or alone.

My conclusion? = Religion should vanish from the earth. ASAP!

I am a social person. I do not encounter any struggle myself with religious people in my daily life. I want this, because I know a relgion-free-world would make billions of people happier.

However, you can not erase religion if you not give religious people an (better) alternative. Discussing, attacking or critisizeing does not work and can only result to the opposite you want to achieve.

So my idea is to `fight` religion with knowledge and alternatives.
Give people the information that what they are actually believing in, the (horrible) history and beginning of religion, psychological reasons of why people believe and what you can do to become 100% happy in this world without being forced by any boundaries.

The latter part is 75% inspired by Eckhart Tolle's books.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have explained my aims and goals. My webdesign skills are not that great and I like writing articles and content but I want it to become a big, professional website.
So what I seek is some people that feel the need to help me and spend time in working on this project together. I already found a webdesigner, so now I search for people that want to write content and articles.
Together we can make the world a better place.

If you are interested you can send me a Personal Mail or email me at [email protected] (msn also)

Regards,
Tim
RE: Who wants to help me with a project (website) ?
I would acctually be intrested to work with such a site. But I don't really know how serious you are about this.

And as Kyu have said in his edit I prefer also that you rather debate then spam, otherwise does it seem like your not so serious.
@Tim

Your posts asks for help on personal project rather than attempting to contribute.

I agree with Kyu that's spamming. .

If you become a contributing member of this discussion forum rather than simply trying to use us for your own agenda, you may earn some trust and get some help.

If you can't be bothered, I'd be tickled pink if you'd seek help elsewhere. Might I suggest a LIBRARY? .

Oh, I also think your assertion about a religion-free world is facile and naive.
(April 16, 2009 at 8:51 am)padraic Wrote: @Tim

Your posts asks for help on personal project rather than attempting to contribute.

I agree that's spamming.

If you become a contributing member of this discussion forum rather tham simply trying to use us for your own agenda, you may earn some trust and get some help.

If you can't be bothered, I invite you to bugger off.

Oh, I also think your assertion about a religion-free world is facile and naive.

I agree 100%, including the naive part.

Had someone that has been on the forum a while and contributed in a positive way asked this, I would probably offered my services, being Dutch and having experience in website building.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(April 16, 2009 at 8:54 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(April 16, 2009 at 8:51 am)padraic Wrote: @Tim

I agree that's spamming.

If you become a contributing member of this discussion forum rather tham simply trying to use us for your own agenda, you may earn some trust and get some help.

If you can't be bothered, I invite you to bugger off.

I agree 100%, including the naive part.

Had someone that has been on the forum a while and contributed in a positive way asked this, I would probably offered my services, being Dutch and having experience in website building.

One Dutch guy is enough! Big Grin
(April 16, 2009 at 8:51 am)padraic Wrote: Oh, I also think your assertion about a religion-free world is facile and naive.

If I'm brutally honest so do I (though I wouldn't have actually said it that way) ... though they annoy me I basically believe in encouraging the moderates (and, annoying though he is, I dare say Frodo qualifies as such) because if we all realised "the atheist dream" (no religion) all it would really do is leave is a huge hole and who knows what would fill that?

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't Devil

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
A world without religion isn't as naive as people think. It all have to do with knowledge and education. Atheism in countries like mine and similar is increasing year by year. The only threat to common knoweldge and logic is crazt new age people and such.
(April 16, 2009 at 9:57 am)Giff Wrote: A world without religion isn't as naive as people think. It all have to do with knowledge and education. Atheism in countries like mine and similar is increasing year by year. The only threat to common knoweldge and logic is crazt new age people and such.

Yet the USA, probably the most advanced technological/military nation on the planet, is reported to have something like 85% belief in a god and near 50% belief in a literal creation ... whilst I am a great supporter of education I don't it can be the whole story.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I understand your points guys, but I do not want to discuss here for the sake of discussing. I know discussion has no result whatsoever when it comes to `convincing` the other.

I ask for help on here because an atheist-forum provides a higher chance that someone is interested in working with me than an average forum.
I am 100% serious and I already found a webdesigner. I am looking for people that share my idealistic vision and want to contribute content-wise.

If you are interested and want more info on my points of content, add me on msn or pm me.

If you don't give a shit or dont believe a better world is possible, forget my topic and read another one.

Regards,
Tim
(April 16, 2009 at 10:02 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Yet the USA, probably the most advanced technological/military nation on the planet, is reported to have something like 85% belief in a god and near 50% belief in a literal creation ... whilst I am a great supporter of education I don't it can be the whole story.

Kyu

I wouldn't say that education in the United States is a beacon to stand in awe of. I have a friend in massachusetts who goes to Austin Prep- a catholic private school. She says the standard of teaching leaves a lot to be desired, with egotistical and bipolar teachers in some subjects, and religious fanatics teaching science while at the same time interjecting creationist nonsense. She says that while the religiosity of the school is for obvious reasons (it is after all a catholic school), she dreads to think of how chaotic and incompetant the state schools are if her private school is such a dismal mess.

Sources such as this also illustrate my point:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_li...-low-level
Look at scandanavia with the low illiteracy levels compared to the US and UK.

Who has the most science students aged 16+ ?
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_gr...ts-science
Scandanavia, with America down at 15th.

Scientific literacy:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_sc...c-literacy
Scientific literacy down at 14th, again below our nordic neighbours Sweden, Norway and Finland

Student attitude to school:
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/edu_st...ike-school
And student attitude towards school is comparatively more negative in the United States than in my favourite north eastern european countries.

Again, I don't think the American education system is a beacon to stand in awe of. The atheistic counterparts such as Sweden (how i love you) seem to have superior education. Perhaps education really can make all the difference?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3544 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6913 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Questionnaire for seminary project breakerbreakeronenine 14 1443 March 19, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8204 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] robvalue 55 8189 February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Anyone else here also post over at W.L. Craig's website? Whateverist 16 3053 March 2, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Nuda900
  Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle Tonus 4 1267 February 24, 2014 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Now a Hindu Group Wants a Monument at the Oklahoma Capitol Gooders1002 45 10698 December 15, 2013 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  apologetics website Nightfoot92 17 5225 November 23, 2013 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  (not spam) This website changed my life. crash515 28 9397 September 16, 2012 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Angrboda