Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This, too, is disturbingly accurate about the NSA thing...
This, too, is disturbingly accurate about the NSA thing...
[Image: 8hyc7_1762255953.jpg]
RE: This, too, is disturbingly accurate about the NSA thing...
I doubt Francis Scott Key had this in mind as he penned the final lines of The Star Spangled Banner.
The truly scary thing is that nothing is really being done about it. People will bitch and moan for a few more months and then forget about it and move on. Eventually it'll just become normal and expected. That is the real way we lose our liberty. One little step at a time.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: People will bitch and moan for a few more months and then forget about it and move on. Eventually it'll just become normal and expected.

That is because most people are too comfortable in their lives of unquestioning servitude. Corporations can be thanked for that.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
They've already forgotten. Now they're talking about who's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. It's like, "NSA, who?"
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: They've already forgotten. Now they're talking about who's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. It's like, "NSA, who?"

Wait who is going to be on dancing with the stars??!? OMG!
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I think that is the most frustrating thing is to see the rise of a new Empire and you the intelligent person has to sit and watch. Maybe there will be one more revolution and the corptocracy will end.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
(September 5, 2013 at 12:52 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: The truly scary thing is that nothing is really being done about it. People will bitch and moan for a few more months and then forget about it and move on. Eventually it'll just become normal and expected. That is the real way we lose our liberty. One little step at a time.
If that was during Bush's administration people would probably be protesting.
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

I'll continue to rail. I'll continue to scream against the NSA's spying program.

I don't have much to live for. Humanism is the only basis I have left to go on. "Leave the world a better place than it was before you."

Fuck the NSA. Bring 'em on. I'll keep trying to get people to remember and fight back. The fight is only lost when all the soldiers have thrown down their guns.
(September 5, 2013 at 2:05 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(September 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: They've already forgotten. Now they're talking about who's going to be on Dancing with the Stars. It's like, "NSA, who?"

Wait who is going to be on dancing with the stars??!? OMG!

Bill Nye, if you can believe it. I'm sorry he sold out.

(September 9, 2013 at 3:36 pm)wwjs Wrote: If that was during Bush's administration people would probably be protesting.

Um, it was during Bush's administration that the PATRIOT act went into effect allowing widespread warrantless spying by the government.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about choice and laws in the USA ShinyCrystals 7 1003 October 15, 2023 at 10:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bellwether, is that really a thing? Brian37 8 456 November 3, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1160 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2705 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Is preserving languages a good thing? FlatAssembler 21 2543 November 4, 2020 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Is corruption mostly a good thing? FlatAssembler 26 2011 December 16, 2019 at 9:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Trump did a good thing by humiliating Saudi Arabia WinterHold 24 4045 July 1, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1044 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I’m sick of the far left too Losty 93 4043 November 27, 2018 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Saudi Arabia as USA ally is not a bad thing Rignia 6 963 November 25, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: WinterHold