Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just something i noticed
Just something i noticed
I noticed when a theist first joins some of them ask questions that are ignorant. And everyone thinks there here to troll.i disagree i believe that there new to the whole god debate and have only heard one side of the arguement..my suggestion is to calmy explain your position, and why you disagree.then if they still misbehave then go ahead and insult.
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

RE: Just something i noticed
That's why we invite everyone to tell us about themselves in the Intro thread first, where there is a protective state of grace and insults are discouraged. Not to say that insulting behaviour is encouraged everywhere else, but if someone jumps into the deep end of the piranha pool, particularly if they do it in a flurry of sanctimonious and arrogant patronising, a certain amount of flesh-rending is to be expected.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You type like a theist, Sir.

I have a problem with "boundaries." It's in my chart. Honestly.

Blame my mother. She's dead, she can't defend herself.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: You type like a theist, Sir.

I was doing this on my cell on my break so sue me
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(September 15, 2013 at 7:02 am)victor4128 Wrote: I noticed when a theist first joins some of them ask questions that are ignorant. And everyone thinks there here to troll.i disagree i believe that there new to the whole god debate and have only heard one side of the arguement..my suggestion is to calmy explain your position, and why you disagree.then if they still misbehave then go ahead and insult.

There's two sides to every coin. One could argue that the person first could have done some research with the vast wealth of information at their fingertips before jumping into a debate with an ignorant question. Most of the theists come under the guise of asking questions but are really here just to proselytize, so it can get tiresome and frustrating having people ask questions under false pretenses.

That being said, I don't engage in any sort of hostility until the person has demonstrated an unwillingness to engage in proper discussion or starts behaving like an asshole. I think everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, but we're all human and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt when many show they don't deserve it is difficult.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 15, 2013 at 12:27 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: You type like a theist, Sir.

It is probably Macky. I am simply going to assume every new person is Macky. That is his name, right, or do I care so little for him that I cannot even get his name correct?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm)victor4128 Wrote:

I was doing this on my cell on my break so sue me

Fine. You'll be hearing from my solicitor in the morning.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: It is probably Macky. I am simply going to assume every new person is Macky. That is his name, right, or do I care so little for him that I cannot even get his name correct?

Who is Macky??
(September 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm)Waratah Wrote: Who is Macky??

Meet Macky

http://atheistforums.org/thread-12336-po...#pid505464
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do we get something special? Foxaèr 12 1643 May 21, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Possibly something wrong with rating? tackattack 5 1301 November 19, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Something Just for the AF family Rhondazvous 20 4154 February 27, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  just noticed the rules Coffee Jesus 28 4929 April 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: psychoslice