Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholic Atheist dialog?
Catholic Atheist dialog?
Is it possible?

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/b...-dialogue/
RE: Catholic Atheist dialog?
Tell the boys in robes to stop covering for pedophiles and we'll see.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I heard all your bullshit when I was a kid. WTF makes you think I want to hear any more.

You've got nothing but the same old tired shit, pal. Blow it out your ass.
I do commend your Pope for making the effort, at least, and let me be the first to welcome Catholicism to the 21st century.
Whats the point in dialog?

Catholic: "We believe in God!"
Atheist: "We don't."

Done!
(September 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Ryantology Wrote: I do commend your Pope for making the effort, at least, and let me be the first to welcome Catholicism to the 21st century.

Well, it was actually the last pope, the article is almost a year late. I'm sure Francis would want to talk to atheists since might just be one himself (according to some people).
(September 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm)Airyaman Wrote:
(September 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm)Ryantology Wrote: I do commend your Pope for making the effort, at least, and let me be the first to welcome Catholicism to the 21st century.

Well, it was actually the last pope, the article is almost a year late. I'm sure Francis would want to talk to atheists since might just be one himself (according to some people).

Heh, I didn't actually read the article. I didn't figure Max would post two threads about last year's breaking news.
Time doesn't matter with Christians, they still think "soon" can mean 2000 years or so.
I went through catholic abuse in my life and know the darkest sides of your religion which people like you choose to ignore.

Dialoge is not possible.
In my experience, to a theist of any flavour the word 'dialogue' all too often means 'monologue with an audience'.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1867 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5274 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Atheists, tell me, a Roman Catholic: why should I become an atheist? Balaco 596 92838 June 14, 2017 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Omnisofos
  Going to a Roman Catholic school and expressing my opinion. piterski123 7 3364 April 28, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  The latest Catholic plot! StealthySkeptic 11 3063 September 10, 2014 at 12:11 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  A new member. A Catholic school teacher. Mr. Moncrieff 105 20915 February 25, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  EX Catholic recent Atheist....hard time coping with reality. CTR8008 13 5794 December 22, 2013 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  I'm getting confirmed Catholic... Wunsbee 54 12437 November 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: PracticalPackers113
  Atheist Becomes Catholic Max_Kolbe 70 20380 October 11, 2013 at 5:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Actually, According to the Catholic Church I Am More Likely to Go to Hell than You Are Blackrook 6 3521 September 26, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy