Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is CoD Ghosts Worth It?
Is CoD Ghosts Worth It?
Small edits were made, and some edits for grammar.

This is just 1 article about the multiplayer update logs to the new game: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20...tweaks.htm

To name some Ghosts-exclusive GAMEPLAY features:

-Create a squad. You can create your own squad of up to 10 soldiers the same way you customize your own loadouts, plus a behaviour for each member.

-Squad multiplayer. Different modes involving your squad VS other players' squads.

That's about it. And the campaign design is very nice. Like every CoD title, it comes with new maps, new gamemodes, new weapons, new perks, new looks, etc.

My problems with CoD Ghosts MULTIPLAYER, and CoD in general, are these:

-Arrogant producers at Treyarch and the publishers of Activision prolonging the life of the same old man in new clothes. So let him die for once, rebuild him as a cyborg / robot, or build a new franchise. That works too. This is an expression I use to say, "evolve your franchise, or die off in natural selection".

-The soldiers have ridiculous physical prowess. This includes: insta-kills with knives, unlimited stamina, no sustained injuries like a broken leg or hip, and that overdone health regeneration.

-Aiming and accuracy. This is a widespread problem in CoD. Some players use aim assists, while others do not. Aiming in itself is something you can get used used to, but never perfect. The use of small analog controllers is comfortable, but highly sensitive. Small jerks in the controller completely skew aiming accuracy if not by a few pixels. Some solutions are features used in other games. Example: target lock. If your crosshair overlaps a target and a button is pressed, like the left bumper (LB/L1) for example, then the crosshair would stick to that target until the sights button is released or the target lock button is repressed. This would only initiate if the button was pressed while the crosshair was floating exactly over the target.

-Teammates. Not the attitudes of them. Who gives a shit about that. Gameplay-wise, there are 2 problems: clipping, and visibility. Clipping is the mechanic of colliding with another solid object, in this case a teammate. This is a problem because it messes with mobility. If you ever tried to climb the same object as another teammate, you would know instantly. Over time, running into teammates slows the game and disorients the players. A solution can be to remove teammate clipping and not render them while in collisions. Visibility is another thing. CoD is not a realistic simulation, and as such, the players do not act realistically. This ensues teammates moving in front of you, blocking your vision, removing your ability to function properly. Sometimes they are in the way and it is not their fault, like if you move behind them to try and see what is in front of them. Being able to not render teammates during games can help tremendously. To remind you, these solutions are optional, and can be freely configured.

-Scoring. There should be more ways to score in multiplayer to cater to different types of players. We have wins and losses which grants "K/D", but is that enough? What about scoring based on damage dealt or damage absorbed? Some players like to win by being stealthy, even if other players hate them. Some players like to provide cover fire and other helpful actions like reviving or blinding the enemy. Some players are unable to earn killstreaks because they focus more on the support aspect than the killing aspect. CoD is regularly encouraging a drone-like behaviour by promoting the same 1 goal: kill to win. While it can remain the 1 goal, we can encourage different styles of play to promote a dynamic environment. Just like Team Fortess, but this is CoD.

As such, I am rather disappointed (again) in Activision and Treyarch for dressing up a game they think is fine moving into the future.
RE: Is CoD Ghosts Worth It?
Is call of duty worth getting?

No.

Next question?
I'll expand a bit on why I don't think anyone should bother with call of duty.

Really with cod, once you've played one you've pretty much played them all. At least in my opinion. From cod 4 to the most recent black ops 2, they've all pretty much been the same package, just re-branded and rebooted with really quite minor things varying from game to game. In terms of gameplay call of duty is pretty good. Just don't expect anything realistic. Content wise, I think the single player is fairly pointless, and online has some good features to it. It's actually a pretty good shooter online, the only issue is it doesn't promote team play or reward you for doing it. The emphasis is purely on racking up kills to get those killstreak rewards. Most of the time people don't even give a shit about the objective in certain game types. Once you've done enough of this on one call of duty game, I really just think it's the same on any other. I've bought every single one from cod 4 to black ops 2. They do all have their own vibe and their own feel, but essentially they are the same bloody game just with a different skin. From what I've seen of ghosts, it looks to be the same case, except you have a dog companion thrown in there somewhere. Whoopidee doo dar.

Do yourself a favour and get battlefield 4.
Quote:From what I've seen of ghosts, it looks to be the same case, except you have a dog companion thrown in there somewhere. Whoopidee doo dar.

That is one of their new campaign features, yes. They really go all out on their localized content. That is one of the things that disappoints me, they have a fantastic team working with their client development kits, but so little work with their server dk's. I would like to ask them why they keep their campaign development localized while choosing not to have it translated into their multiplayer development. They add freaking gunships, but do not add grapples for scaling walls? Fuck.

Quote:Just don't expect anything realistic.

We heard from Sledgehammer that they are indeed trying to become more "hyper-realistic", similar to Battlefield (minus the abusable glitches [rocket jet skis]), so I kinda do expect more realism from them over time. And, I do plan on getting Battlefield 4, time is the only mystery though.
Lol call of duty striving for realism should be interesting. Right now it's about as realistic a simulation of war as what playing surgeon simulator 2013 is to performing actual surgery.

I think battlefield is looking the stronger right now in terms of realism. The emphasis on huge scale battles and team work, plus the massive amount of vehicles etc makes it a more tactical thoughtful game IMO. Don't get me wrong though, battlefield is still pretty far from being what I'd call "realistic", but cod, especially online, is pretty damn laughable in terms of realism.
Bringing this thread up again because of relevance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E82ZkHTi...tube_gdata

Just highlights exactly how unoriginal the call of duty series is getting when they have to recycle fucking cutscenes of all things.
That's pathetic, Napo.

As someone that has spent many hours on both the Battlefield and CoD franchise, I have come to the conclusion that Battlefield is the hands-down winner. Battlefield actually strives for change over the different iterations, while each new CoD feels more like an expansion pack.

A few months ago I swore off video games, but I've decided to get back into them. I'm not sure which system I will pick up in this next generation, but I most likely won't be buying Ghosts while BF 4 will be a must have. Not only is BF a lot better, I can't stand the way a lot of assholes play CoD. No one goes for objectives, and everyone does cheap shit. Unless I get really hard up for competitive multiplayer FPS at some point, I can't see myself playing Cod: Ghosts.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I agree with the others. I played CoD for years. Same shit different box. The only reason I can think it would be worth getting is if you haven't played the others and all your friends have it. Battlefield has a lot more substance to it.

To be honest I'm not planning on buying anything new for a while. Maybe after Christmas when all the new releases start spilling and slowly drop in price.
I've played every single CoD title that's ever come out. Ever. With that, I just downloaded BF4-- my first BF game and am loving it!

For me it comes down to this; both are military shooters, yes, but the game play styles are radically different and are fun in their own respective ways. Is CoD the same thing over and over again? Yeah, with tweaks and minor changes here and there. Here's the thing, though: so is battlefield...and Assassin's Creed, and GTA and blah,blah,blah...

If a game is successful, publishers and developers usually follow the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy because it works and it's profitable.

If you like CoD game play, chances are you're going to enjoy Ghosts. Smile It's fun, simple, and action packed which makes for a good time!

If anyone would like a BF friend feel free to add me on Origin @ TheDaVinciNinja95. Catch ya on the battlefield. Wink
(November 7, 2013 at 11:24 pm)DaVinciNinja Wrote: Is CoD the same thing over and over again? Yeah, with tweaks and minor changes here and there. Here's the thing, though: so is battlefield...and Assassin's Creed, and GTA and blah,blah,blah...

No, the changes in the franchises you've mentioned are monumental compared to the changes in CoD. For god's sake, they're on the third iteration of the frostbite engine while CoD still uses the same one.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portal, is it worth trying? Gawdzilla Sama 72 6428 May 4, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Is a ps4 worth it for me? paulpablo 11 1578 July 18, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  COD Advanced Warfare Marsellus Wallace 20 3399 May 8, 2014 at 8:06 am
Last Post: Nine
  How can you compare COD to Halo? WhatIfGodWasJustAMyth 13 5379 March 30, 2012 at 10:11 am
Last Post: NoMoreFaith