Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists rudely snubbed by Christian head of soup kitchen. Didn't matter.
Atheists rudely snubbed by Christian head of soup kitchen. Didn't matter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/30...78443.html

Quote:"This is a ministry to serve God,” Lou Landrum, executive director of the soup kitchen, told the paper. "We stand on the principles of God. Do they (atheists) think that our guests are so ignorant that they don't know what an atheist is? Why are they targeting us? They don't give any money. I wouldn't want their money."

While the group was upset about not being able to contribute to the organization, they weren’t deterred.

The volunteers decided to, instead, dole out 300 care packages on Saturday to the homeless –- right across the street from the nonprofit that rejected them. Through an online fundraiser, Upstate Atheists was able to collect $2,000 to buy socks, gloves, deodorant, toothpaste and antiseptic wipes and other items, according to the Christian Post.

Because we're the ones discriminating against them, right?
RE: Atheists rudely snubbed by Christian head of soup kitchen. Didn't matter.
Funny, here I thought soup kitchens were to serve those who need them. Today I learned that some people aren't just kind and caring people and need to be reminded to do good things.

This is a strange world we live in.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
It seems to me that the atheist group really was out to help those in need, and not to proselytize and peddle 'non religion' as was previously argued in the thread where this article first surfaced.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
Quote:"This is a ministry to serve God,” Lou Landrum, executive director of the soup kitchen,

I thought soup kitchens were supposed to serve soup....not bullshit?
(October 31, 2013 at 8:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:"This is a ministry to serve God,” Lou Landrum, executive director of the soup kitchen,

Apparently this one serves soup with a complimentary side of bullshit.

I hear it leaves a bad taste, though.
(October 31, 2013 at 7:40 pm)Ryantology Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/30...78443.html

Quote:"This is a ministry to serve God,” Lou Landrum, executive director of the soup kitchen, told the paper. "We stand on the principles of God. Do they (atheists) think that our guests are so ignorant that they don't know what an atheist is? Why are they targeting us? They don't give any money. I wouldn't want their money."

While the group was upset about not being able to contribute to the organization, they weren’t deterred.

The volunteers decided to, instead, dole out 300 care packages on Saturday to the homeless –- right across the street from the nonprofit that rejected them. Through an online fundraiser, Upstate Atheists was able to collect $2,000 to buy socks, gloves, deodorant, toothpaste and antiseptic wipes and other items, according to the Christian Post.

Because we're the ones discriminating against them, right?
Old news:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-21619.html
Yep, we've gone over this before.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Xtian hypocrisy is always worth re-hashing!
new news to me! Big Grin
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(October 31, 2013 at 8:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

"How can you have any soup if you don't swallow our bullshit?"
- the voices in my head

Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Luther didn't know about Romans 1,1-17 SeniorCitizen 1 385 November 20, 2023 at 11:02 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What if Judas didn't do it? Fake Messiah 195 11202 April 11, 2023 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why didn't JB join JC? Fake Messiah 28 3106 February 11, 2023 at 8:45 am
Last Post: GUBU
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89546 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Invitation for Atheists to Debate a Christian via Skype LetsDebateThings 121 12728 June 19, 2019 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Christian Libertarians and Atheists - Common Ground? lowellwballard 21 1819 May 13, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3385 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why Didn't Jesus Write? Athena777 85 12789 January 29, 2017 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9464 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  At least she didn't blame "jesus." Minimalist 15 4062 February 11, 2016 at 5:58 am
Last Post: robvalue