Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chairity wont allow atheist to help.
Chairity wont allow atheist to help.
Got this story off another FB friend's page.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/24/so...volunteer/
RE: Chairity wont allow atheist to help.
Quote:Lou Landrum, the Soup Kitchen’s executive director, told the same paper that allowing the atheists to work at the facility would be a “disservice to this community.”

“We stand on the principles of God,” she said. “Do [atheists] think that our guests are so ignorant that they don’t know what an atheist is? Why are they targeting us? They don’t give any money. I wouldn’t want their money.”

Landrum said that “they can set up across the street from the Soup Kitchen. They can have the devil there with them, but they better not come across the street.”

That's just fucked up. What's more important, their personal beliefs or actually helping people? (rhetorical)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Well, which is it? We don't give money or they don't want our money? I don't give money to religious charity, I'm not going to aid them in spreading their religion and mentally oppressing people who need help. That's messed up.

Edit: sorry I'm confused, doesn't even say it's a religious charity, just soup kitchen. Wtf? Isn't that against the soup kitchen's policy to turn away volunteers on grounds of religion/lack thereof?
They do "stand on the principles of God", which means apparently that they're poor hard-done-by persecuted martyrs superior to anyone else. So no change there, then.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Quote:That's just fucked up. What's more important, their personal beliefs or actually helping people? (rhetorical)

Yeah, Stim. Silly question when dealing with these fuckwads.
I see their point, afterall it's hard to spread the message that atheists are heartless, immoral baby eaters if these bloody atheists come along and try to do nice things.

Not very sporting at all.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Oh look at that, more Christians being bigoted assholes. Never would have guessed.

Jerkoff
Does that kitchen screen the hungry for beliefs as well?
(October 24, 2013 at 9:16 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: Oh look at that, more Christians being bigoted assholes. Never would have guessed.

Jerkoff

And our believing friends who post here have no clue why we blaspheme religion, well guys, this is one example.
What the fuck does she mean, the atheists were "targeting" her soup kitchen? Is she really of the mindset that attempting to perform the charitable act at the heart of her organization is some kind of assault when it's attempted by someone outside her religion?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mom wont let me go to church trip ashbagashba 17 3628 August 7, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How, and how NOT to help a suffering atheist... IanHulett 13 1942 May 31, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  feeling very depressed that when i die i wont see my children again- how do i deal? mamatobabybear 40 14751 June 2, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: Brian37
Exclamation I am a 15 year old atheist: help! HeyItsZeus 18 9960 August 16, 2010 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Could you a help an atheist out? Eilonnwy 6 2442 July 8, 2009 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy