Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Men's Rights Movement: I Just Don't Get It.
The Men's Rights Movement: I Just Don't Get It.
I have been noticing like all across this vast universe we call the internets that there has been a growing movement of troglodytes calling themselves men and doing a lot bitching about women. They call themselves Men's Rights activist and they live in this virtual world called the Manosphere where they choose not to show weakness towards women by deciding instead of engaging women they will go it alone (I think that is a euphemism for having a romantic relationship with one's hand).

People, I am not kidding, this whole Men's Rights is all over the place. I have seen it on Facebook, YouTubes and ReEdit. It is literally all over the place like a demented monkey throwing crap everywhere.

But the shit that gets me, this movement has nothing to do with addressing issues dealing with men but with hating on women for some reason. If one looks at many of the websites the Manosphere people have created all one reads is that women are evil, we men have been wronged by women and that makes us mad. In fact that seems to be the sole purpose of the Men's Rights Movement.

Any cursory reading will show you that these "men" hate women the same way that the Nazi's hated on the Jews. Women are to blame for just about everything especially erectile dysfunction. And the most sickening thing I see coming for the Men's Right Movement is this insistence to justify every wrong men commit against women, I have seen them justify rape, beating and the shooting of an innocent twelve year old girl by the Taliban just because she wanted an education.

I just don't get. Can someone please explain it to me?
RE: The Men's Rights Movement: I Just Don't Get It.
There are 2 areas where I think men need more awareness and advocacy.
1.) Birth control technology. I don't understand why men haven't taken to the streets demanding a birth control pill or its equivalent. I have seen SO many men trapped by pregnancies because they trusted in a woman's birth control. Unless you want to use condoms forever, which nobody does, men NEED more control over their reproduction. Since courts will never let men out of financial responsibility, men are largely at the mercy of women with this.
2.) Early education. Boys are being left behind in early education by a female dominated educational system that is a problem for many boys.

Other than that, men need to be quiet about their rights.
So far, the reason we don't have a male pill is that almost anything that makes us temporarily infertile also makes us temporarily impotent or has other serious side effects. Our plumbing is simpler, and therefore harder to bollox up.

I think there's another issue that's literally about men's rights that needs to be updated. Husbands have to bear the expense of raising children their wives have had with other men during their marriage. Once upon a time, there was no way to pin down the real father, or even prove the husband wasn't the father. For the children's sake, the husband had to pay. Now we can identify the biological father, and the biological father should pay child support.
I agree that there is a bias against boys in early education. I had ADHD and even with it I was considered "gifted" in elementary school. My brother didn't have it and was considered a problem child and it was recommended that he be put on medication when he was in Kindergarten.

That said, most of this "Men's Rights" bullshit is just stupid. Men already have tons of rights that women don't. The medical and scientific communities all study men and pursue the male agenda much more frequently than the female's. And don't even get me started on how they treat lesbians -- pretty much as though we don't exist, or are all secretly bisexual. It's horrid.
The men's right's movement seems to be - because men have problems, women don't. I cannot get behind such a thing. That's not to say there are never any legit problems for men (as others have stated in this thread).
Human rights.
Perhaps men are afraid that, as women more and more move into positions of power and influence, they'll undo all the gains that male-dominated society has achieved: over-stocked nuclear arsenals, global pollution, chemical weapons, execrable film and television, the notion that professional sports are important, all that sort of thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm guessing it's in response to OTT feminists.
Now don't get me wrong, I fully support feminism. I think anyone who thinks that women shouldn't have equal rights needs a slap. But I also think some feminists get a bit carried away. When someone starts branding damn near any sexual experience that involves a non-lesbian as rape, I'm gonna get pissed off with said person.
If your campaigning for equal right then I'm right there with you. Start bitching about the patriarchy and I'll get bored and fuck off to the pub.
Now I've got that off my chest, unless those 'men's rights' groups are campaign for fathers for justice or something like that, they need to stop fucking whinging and get on with life.

I can pee standing up. (All the superiority I require.)
Quote: The medical and scientific communities all study men and pursue the male agenda much more frequently than the female's

Huh? What? How so. I'm gunna have to ask you for something to back this up. This seems wrong intuitively given just the emphasis on breast cancer compared to prostate and testicular cancer, and the differences between life expectancies, women live longer and those final years would be the most expensive. Also childbirth, though we can cut that one out of consideration if you want.

And here comes science penguin with some stats (for america)
http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-D...=ascending

http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-D...lights.pdf

Quote: In aggregate, female spending was $887.9 billion and accounted for 57 percent of all personal health care (PHC) spending (females accounted for roughly 50 percent of the population). Male spending was $662.0 billion and accounted for the remaining 43 percent.

In aggregate, female spending levels were higher than male spending levels for every PHC good or service. Other Public was the only payer where total health care spending levels were greater for males than females, due to the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense expenditures for health care.

Lets ignore the middle age range given the costs of maternity that aren't filtered out.

The males under 18 ARE 4% more expensive (at $2,736 each), the explanation is ADHD medications, not exactly benevolent spending then.
In the over 65 bracket, the much more expensive one (about $14,000 per capita), females account for 61% of spending.

Now, as I went for the american stats, some of this is people spending on themselves, if people of one gender want to spend more on something, that's their right. What we're interested in here is if one gender is receiving more attention from the medical community. Which, if females are spending more, or having more spent on them, I highly doubt.

Lets take a quick look at Australia, see if they distinguish between public and private funds
http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/Download...0129544656

Ok the Aussie governments fund 69.7% of healthcare costs, arg, but no gender breakdown!
Maybe we need to look at Canada's costs before the court decision bringing in private healthcare?

As to science in general, how do you figure?

I'd add post divorce child custody Zazzy.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Men are robbers Interaktive 11 1576 November 10, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Civil Rights. Gawdzilla Sama 12 921 October 20, 2020 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3278 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2170 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1015 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4598 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  U.S. withdrawing from UN Human Rights Council? Foxaèr 26 2974 June 23, 2018 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Joods
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 854 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Black men kneeling Foxaèr 18 2583 May 26, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11822 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic