Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where it's still cool to obey God
Where it's still cool to obey God

Yup. I just saw a commercial for this church. I find it worth commenting on because I don't see a lot of commercials for churches around here. Like, never actually. And they're opening one in my area.

In said commercial, this guy

......................................Kewl Guy
Looks and presents himself as he's about 25. He's groovin' with those frosted tips. But he was born in 1960.
Makes sense they wouldn't have their other pastor

......................................................Not so kewl
do the TV spots; not nearly as exciting.

Quote:We believe that the Bible is truly God’s Word to us. This belief is not a “blind faith” but rather one built on provable facts. The Bible has been clearly proven to be from God.
Because of that, the Bible and The Bible alone is the basis and foundation of all that we teach at The Cool Church.

And there's this little nugget
Quote:We believe the big questions in life are just as important as practical day-to-day concerns. For most people, these are important questions:
Is any religion – let alone Christianity – actually, factually “true?”
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Was I created, or did I just get here by accident?

Here's the answer to their first BIG question;
Quote:All religions say very different things about morals, heaven, God, and our place and purpose in the world. Either one must be true and all others false – or they are all false.

In our Facts Behind the Faith seminar, we examine the evidence that at least one religion – any religion must be true. Afterward, we look at the facts surrounding Christianity:

Archaeology and secular histories.
Textual criticism of the Bible.
Fulfilled prophecy of the Bible.
The resurrection of Jesus.

There's more,

http://www.thecoolchurch.com/
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
RE: Where it's still cool to obey God
Churches have always been about marketing. It's all about the money.
Churches trying to be cool remind me of this clip of South Park: http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/10...wing-smoke
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
The Cool Church
Where it is still cool to obey god ..... and still really dangerous for everybody else.

Undecided just sayin
[Image: Evolution.png]

Today, god told me to be cool - I told him to stop being such a dork Tongue
Because when comb overs aren't selling seats, you improvise with a 'do scammed from Food Network...Guy Fieri.

What's next? A septugenarian Marilyn Manson doppelganger in the pulpit?
(November 12, 2013 at 11:20 pm)Owlix Wrote: [Image: david_.jpg]
Looks and presents himself as he's about 25. He's groovin' with those frosted tips. But he was born in 1960.

That reminds me of this:

Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Ooh, they even take online donations, and I'm guessing they'll probably become TCC Inc. pretty soon.

If I had less integrity, I would start a church. After all, a fool and his money are soon parted.

ETA: A Kids in the Hall reference will always get kudos from me.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still Angry about Abraham and Isaac zwanzig 29 2008 October 1, 2023 at 7:58 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Why are you (still) a Christian? FrustratedFool 304 18830 September 29, 2023 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 8322 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1468 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89526 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5603 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27883 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3245 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Still room on the org chart for this creep vorlon13 12 2819 January 29, 2016 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm still an atheist, but... Randy Carson 272 54398 September 10, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: LastPoet