Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Now officially mostly non-theist
UK Now officially mostly non-theist
Listening to BBC radio today they reported that the programme "Thought for the day' which is a programme where religious leaders feed us their 'pearls of wisdom' had an atheist presenter for the first time to mark the fact that over 60% of people now report themselves as 'not believing in any religion' and 25% expressing atheism.
RE: UK Now officially mostly non-theist
Let's hope that is our future here in the colonies.
It's usually the other way around, that whatever trends in the colonies will filter through to here. Here's echoing that reciprocal wish.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 26, 2013 at 2:03 pm)Stimbo Wrote: It's usually the other way around, that whatever trends in the colonies will filter through to here. Here's echoing that reciprocal wish.
Please do.
You can keep the warm beer, just send some of that non-theism stateside please. Smile
You know, that's one thing I never understood about the stereotype we seem to have abroad. I've never drunk a warm beer in my life. Anything less than chilled and it goes straight back in the fridge.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And the UK percentage of unwed mothers is through the roof.
Could it be one of those things that may be true in a certain region and it just stuck to Brits in general?
I know living in the Chicagoland area my whole life the stereotype is that it is somehow evil and punishable by death to put ketchup on a hot dog. Yet, me and everyone I know has always done that.

(December 27, 2013 at 11:10 am)ChadWooters Wrote: And the UK percentage of unwed mothers is through the roof.
P1 The UK's average internet speed has increased in the past few decades.
P2 The UK's number of unwed mothers has increased in the past few decades.
C1 Therefore, increasing internet speeds causes out of wedlock child births.
(December 27, 2013 at 11:10 am)ChadWooters Wrote: And the UK percentage of unwed mothers is through the roof.

It's this sort of retarded post that destroys the credibility of everything else you say.
The UK percentage of predator priests is higher than the world average. Clearly the devil does make work for idle hands.

That probably also explains the seasonally high rainfall average the last month.
Of course, unwed mothers are all that matter. Fuck fathers or parents in general, let's put the burden of matrimony on women and ignore everyone else. And THEN suggest non-theism is the reason non-married mothers exist, as if theists never have children out of wedlock. Just look at America, so many theists and so many married parents!

Now I'm going to throw up.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? BananaFlambe 44 2534 December 20, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3095 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1854 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 453 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2004 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2033 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  What do Atheists miss mostly about the 1970s Edge92 16 3665 June 4, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2867 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 11921 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 150812 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock