Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glad to Be Here
Thumbs Up 
Glad to Be Here
Hello all, I'm happy to be here. It's good to be among people who empathize with with the plight of the atheist. I joined this forum after being disgusted with the damage religion does to people, and just how much it corrupts people. I have come to think of religion as one of the most evil things that humans have ever created, and I am particularly disgusted with it in America. I look forward to having intelligent and rational discussions with you all.
RE: Glad to Be Here
Welcome

What is this plight you speak of?
Welcome

The plight that we have better arguments?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome, TheNeXus. You'll like it here!!
Welcome!
A pleasure to meet you Nex.
(December 26, 2013 at 10:16 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Welcome

The plight that we have better arguments?

I'm well aware we have better arguments, however we as atheists often are marginalized in a very religious world. I've even heard of people missing friends and family over it. If these religious zealots truly believe in the right to freedom of religion (or lack thereof) and separation of church and state then we deserve our right to be respected too.

Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming.
Welcome, nexus.
Droid, or iPhone?
(December 27, 2013 at 1:52 am)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome, nexus.
Droid, or iPhone?

Absolutely android. I'm a proud owner of a Nexus 5 (no that's not where my username came from), and have kits of issues with apple. However that's a discussion for another thread.
Quote:If these religious zealots truly believe in the right to freedom of religion

They don't.

They believe in it for themselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad I found this forum! drfuzzy 25 4340 July 6, 2015 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Glad to join Alex25 29 4262 August 11, 2014 at 11:27 am
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  Glad to be here. AvadaKedavra 13 3662 June 4, 2013 at 6:27 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6689 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Hi. Glad to be here. jacklegger 10 2434 September 4, 2012 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hello!!! I am glad to see there is an awesome atheist community out there! The Reason Tribune 2 1828 August 31, 2012 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Glad to discover Atheist Forums, but.. eseernosam 20 6562 March 6, 2012 at 11:23 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Glad to find these forums everythingafter 13 4325 August 17, 2010 at 8:25 am
Last Post: fr0d0