Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Debate.
The Great Debate.
I cant believe we aren't talking about thisUndecided

[Image: 1497799_603973313016193_1476546125_n.jpg]
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
RE: The Great Debate.
Really?
There's need for such a debate?
And Nye accepts doing it?!
The US is further in the shitter than I thought....
(January 3, 2014 at 7:42 am)pocaracas Wrote: Really?
There's need for such a debate?
And Nye accepts doing it?!
The US is further in the shitter than I thought....

I think Nye finally got tired of the lies and the bullshit.

My only fear is that Nye will try to use logic,evidence and reason against a man who has abandoned all three.
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I did a quick search for Nye (just to check the name spelling) and got this nice site advertising this debate:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/...eationism/
On the last video.... that woman... oh FFS.... how?.. what goes on in that head?!

Listen closely at minute 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-AyDtD6sPA

"Yes we do see fossils and distant stars, but their history of how they got here really depends on our world view . Do we start with man's ideas about the past, who wasn't here during the supposed billions of years of earth history, or do we start with the Bible, the written revelation of the eye-witness account of the eternal god who created it all?"

The face cannot take so much palming in such a short time!!
If she's a molecular geneticist the standards must be getting really low.

There is no genetic mechanism to go from simple to complex organisms?

Is she for fucking real?
(January 3, 2014 at 8:07 am)Zen Badger Wrote: If she's a molecular geneticist the standards must be getting really low.

There is no genetic mechanism to go from simple to complex organisms?

Is she for fucking real?

"molecular geneticist" stands for mother of 4, silly!
Well, this debate really should not exist ever but at least Bill Nye is getting in on this shit.
*Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!*

He's busting it with science!
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
The only people you get to convince in debates are the ignorant. Those who are already actively twisting things around to fit their worldview will never be convinced unless creationism suddenly makes them unhappy.
While I think this debate is just for show. Nye can't prove anything and neither can the other guy. We will never know the truth about how humans/life came to be.
What does matter is what is happening now and the reality of the world, where we came from is irrelevant to the problems that face the whole world currently.

Science can "prove" natural selection and small changes within a species but it has not been able to show how a whole species comes to be.
Creationism doesn't prove anything it is a faith based line of thinking, with no science attached to it.

So we have 2 guys debating something that neither have concrete proof for or against.

They should debate monetary policy, immigration, race mixing, and other pertinent issue that effect us today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expecting a great meteor shower. brewer 11 2004 August 12, 2016 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Triceratops Great Great Great Great, etc. Granddaddy Minimalist 0 664 December 9, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A common denominator in great people Lemonvariable72 22 3224 April 23, 2015 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  NdGT is Great Minimalist 14 2350 March 8, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Important Debate Question Ksa 24 4045 May 21, 2014 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  The whole Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate Boris Karloff 26 6449 January 26, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  A New Twist in the Climate Change Debate? ManMachine 11 4852 August 12, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Most Recent European Great Ape Discovered Justtristo 9 4013 January 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Herod The Great Did Not Finish The Temple Minimalist 9 2670 November 25, 2011 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Expelled Showing & Debate in London Tiberius 10 2802 January 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Rob