Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demons?
Demons?
I was wondering if any of our members believe that demons exist. I'd be fascinated to hear what you believe about them if you do. If you don't believe in demons but believe in God then I'm also interested in why not.
RE: Demons?
(January 8, 2014 at 12:11 pm)Insanity Wrote: I was wondering if any of our members believe that demons exist. I'd be fascinated to hear what you believe about them if you do. If you don't believe in demons but believe in God then I'm also interested in why not.

I used to when I was a theist, I no longer believe in those things though, haha
Demons are a human construct, probably with a couple meanings. Satan is a demon. But the word can also be used to denote what we struggle with, beit depression, paranoia, etc.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 8, 2014 at 12:14 pm)Wunsbee Wrote: I used to when I was a theist, I no longer believe in those things though, haha

May I ask what you believed them to be when you did believe? For example were they just things that motivated people to be bad or exorcise style body hijackers?

I just find it all fascinating.
(January 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm)Insanity Wrote:
(January 8, 2014 at 12:14 pm)Wunsbee Wrote: I used to when I was a theist, I no longer believe in those things though, haha

May I ask what you believed them to be when you did believe? For example were they just things that motivated people to be bad or exorcise style body hijackers?

I just find it all fascinating.

Both
Depends. When it's broad daylight and there are other people around and I'm wide awake, I don't believe in demons. When I'm home alone at night and tired and I hear a noise; I do believe in demons, and there's definitely one under my bed.
Demons = Delusions
Nope.
No.

Yes, but I act as if they don't exist.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 25957 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  A query on Demons TrueChristian 27 5093 January 5, 2016 at 6:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Homosexuality and demons! chatpilot 18 6127 October 31, 2009 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: chatpilot