Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Illinois!
Hello from Illinois!
I’ve been a lurker here for a while – this is my first post. I was born and raised in Missouri and moved to the Chicago area when I was 20. I was a Christian for most of my life, up until about three years ago. I then started reading a lot of books on science, atheism, etc. I “came out” to my family about a year ago (all hard-core Christians) – it basically went okay, though I do notice a slight change in our relationship now. I guess part of that is probably because I am a fairly vocal atheist, so I have a hard time letting a lot of their comments slide.

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here and formally introduce myself, as I have had some questions lately that I would like to put out there and get everyone’s input. I look forward to participating here!
RE: Hello from Illinois!
Welcome.
Welcome!
Oh great. ANOTHER atheist Panic.
Any chance of you converting? Too many Atheists on this atheist forum!

I kid Wink. Welcome. Have fun
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Welcome osdave.

Enjoy this little corner of the web and do pose your questions... I'm sure they'll be complete novelties... Tongue
Welcome! I used to live in a very little town in Missouri.
Thanks for the welcomes! Happy to be here!
Hello there, Dave Smile
(February 18, 2014 at 11:30 am)osdave Wrote: I’ve been a lurker here for a while – this is my first post. I was born and raised in Missouri and moved to the Chicago area when I was 20. I was a Christian for most of my life, up until about three years ago. I then started reading a lot of books on science, atheism, etc. I “came out” to my family about a year ago (all hard-core Christians) – it basically went okay, though I do notice a slight change in our relationship now. I guess part of that is probably because I am a fairly vocal atheist, so I have a hard time letting a lot of their comments slide.

Anyway, I just wanted to come on here and formally introduce myself, as I have had some questions lately that I would like to put out there and get everyone’s input. I look forward to participating here!

Welcome.

Glad your family didn't overreact and cut off contact as so many do.

Remember, though, that there are now whole communities of atheists to help you.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. Do you know Bill Maher? Just checking people one by one off my list until I hit something...
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 6005 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3648 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates