Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle
Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle
Turns out god is a fair weather fan.
Quote:Former San Diego State running back Adam Muema left the NFL Scouting Combine on Sunday without working out, citing religious reasons.

Running backs competed in afternoon drills at Lucas Oil Stadium. Muema, the fourth leading rusher in Aztecs history, did not participate. He said he was "following God," who told him if he missed workouts, he'd play for the Seattle Seahawks.

Playing for Seattle is his "dream," Muema said. NFL teams are aware of the decision.

"Can't go wrong with God," Muema said.

Muema spoke Sunday in a phone interview from the Indianapolis International Airport. He was set to return to the city where he trained for the combine. The Covina native will have the opportunity to work out for clubs at San Diego State's pro day next month.

Muema, 21, said his immediate plans are undecided.

"(God) told me to sit down, be quiet, and enjoy the peace," he said.

Muema said he communicates with God through numbers.
What if Seattle doesn't sign him and misses the playoffs? God makes it pretty clear that if you don't do what he wants, he will fuck you up but good. I'll bet he injures Russell Wilson in the pre-season, the miserable bastard...
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Prospect: god wants me to play for Seattle
I think "crazy" is a good reason not to sign this guy.
I've never before wished a groin pull on a person, but . . .
Drug test extended. ..
We know this can't be right because, according to Rufus, the 13th apostle, god is a skee-ball fanatic.

ROFLOL
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3536 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6892 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8195 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] robvalue 55 8180 February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Let's play Pascals wager expanded edition dyresand 4 1960 September 24, 2015 at 6:22 am
Last Post: robvalue
Wink Play the Devil's Advocate Brometheus 22 2947 March 30, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19407 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Now a Hindu Group Wants a Monument at the Oklahoma Capitol Gooders1002 45 10697 December 15, 2013 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape. Ziploc Surprise 5 2820 July 21, 2012 at 9:42 am
Last Post: toro
Sad Christian Pastor: God wants you to beat the homosexuality out of your kids Miami_Marlins_fan 3 2984 May 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist