Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 1:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From?
Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From?
ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

Although there are no scriptures in the Bible to support the trinity dogma (the 3-in-1 god), it remains the central doctrine for most of the 41,000 denominations within Christendom. Christendom's trinity, written in Article I of The Catholic Faith, is defined as follows:

"There is but ONE living and true GOD, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things both visible and indivisible. And in unity of this Godhead there be THREE PERSONS Persons, of one substance, power, and eternity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost."

http://www.sevenwholedays.org/2011/03/10/article-i/
http://mb-soft.com/believe/txc/thirtyni.htm

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:

1. Are there scriptures in the Bible that you think support the teaching of Trinity? If so, quote up to four (4) scriptural examples, and then explain why you have concluded that the verses are with reference to Christendom's trinity.

2. Why is it that trinity is found in pagan/false religions that never worshipped the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible? For instance, there were pagan trinities at least 200 years before Jesus came to the earth as a human.

3. If the Trinity is a Bible teaching, why is it that Jesus and his apostles who followed him around never taught anyone about the Trinity?

4. How is it that the Trinity teaching did not become "Christian" teaching until the Christianized Romans (who later called themselves Roman Catholics) copied the philosophy from pagan/false religions--AFTER the resurrected Jesus Christ returned to heaven?

5. Are the words "Trinity" and "Godhead" in the Bible? If so, were those words part of the original writings?
RE: Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From?
Yeah, you've started this thread before. Why don't you go pester some other forum with your shit. We don't care for your tedious ramblings.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Aw, shucks. This could have been an entertaining topic, watching people argue whether there is one nonexistent god, or three.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
As I said, she started the same fucking thread last year, read it and weep (with laughter!) Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Kay, if I was the marrying type, I'd ask you to marry me. But it's the thought that counts. Thanks for the link!
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(March 16, 2014 at 10:45 am)Tonus Wrote: Kay, if I was the marrying type, I'd ask you to marry me. But it's the thought that counts. Thanks for the link!

I am very flattered! But alas, I'm taken Wink

I would assume it came from the new testament, where suddenly there's this son of Yahweh. It's supposed to be a monotheistic religion, so there can't be three people. That's the startings of a pantheon. So it has to be three aspects of one god, but still separate people.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

In essence, an half-arsed explanation for bullshit. Gotcha!
(March 16, 2014 at 11:17 am)LastPoet Wrote: In essence, an half-arsed explanation for bullshit. Gotcha!

Like much of the book.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The earlier thread was much better than this one, Kay.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1340 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] The Trinity zwanzig 127 7506 January 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Refuting trinity. Mystic 35 5393 April 8, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 18287 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2701 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The Trinity and Mary vorlon13 52 14577 May 30, 2017 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2498 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  10 apologist mistakes about trinity Mystic 21 4154 April 2, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: athrock
  Theists teaching children Foxaèr 20 2427 March 14, 2016 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 755019 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie