Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will theists bring something new and fresh?
In my previous topic I was complaining about hearing same arguments billion times. They are spoken in a different way but are still about the same thing.
Do you think we will ever hear new arguments? Where will they come from? Or we will hear same arguments for another 10000 years?
RE: Will we hear something new and fresh?
Yep. And the people making the will continue to think they are original.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: When will theists bring something new and fresh?
(April 4, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Yep. And the people making the will continue to think they are original.
I think the only way new arguments can be formed is through violating science. Making pseudo scientific claims.
When hell freezes over?

Oh, wait. Hell is bullshit, too.
(April 4, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When hell freezes over?

Just to be clear, I'm applying tors point to the arguments from atheist against theism as well as vice versa. It's all pretty well trod ground. .
Sith code
There are some arguments that you'd think no religious person could make with a straight face, but some will make them nonetheless.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 4, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Yep. And the people making the will continue to think they are original.

Don't forget that they're also undeniable and "no one can come up with objections"
(April 4, 2014 at 4:48 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 4:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: When hell freezes over?

Just to be clear, I'm applying tors point to the arguments from atheist against theism as well as vice versa. It's all pretty well trod ground. .

Are you saying that all atheist arguments flawed? Nobody solved epicurus paradox yet as I'm aware of.
(April 4, 2014 at 4:50 pm)tor Wrote:
(April 4, 2014 at 4:48 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm applying tors point to the arguments from atheist against theism as well as vice versa. It's all pretty well trod ground. .

Nobody solved epicurus paradox yet as I'm aware of.

Bullshit. Lots of people have solved epicurus paradox. To their own satisfaction at least. That their explanations do not satisfy you is no more significant than the fact that your explanations don't satisfy them.

Quote: Are you saying that all atheist arguments flawed?
Seriously? How did you get that from what I wrote? I said the arguments are old, not that they are all flawed. Although many are.
Sith code
(April 4, 2014 at 4:59 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Bullshit. Lots of people have solved epicurus paradox. To their own satisfaction at least. That their explanations do not satisfy you is no more significant than the fact that your explanations don't satisfy them.

Is it solved to you? Or not?
Cause some people can solve equations which have no solution if they divide by zero but I don't accept that kind of bs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is PeTA atheist or something of a humanist? BananaFlambe 11 770 December 4, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3255 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3018 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18674 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Even in darkest times here is something that made me smile dyresand 3 1948 May 17, 2017 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why there is something rather than nothing... Jehanne 43 7773 August 28, 2016 at 1:19 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Always something new to learn Foxaèr 26 3938 July 10, 2016 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Something to shake the very foundation of your lack of faith yukapuka 306 38064 January 18, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Saluting all the good and great theists we have had on this site. Whateverist 103 16855 November 6, 2015 at 7:14 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheists who preach religion and theists who preach atheism Matt Gabe 8 3783 December 25, 2014 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Lucanus