Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can believing in bullshit be a good thing?
Can believing in bullshit be a good thing?
So, if I believed that if I were a good boy this week, did my best at work, washed the sperm off my hands before preparing food for the customers, and did good things for others, at the end of the week I'd get to fuck the brains out of Miz America, I'd be a damn good boy Smile

So, if a Christian lives a good life and does the things Christ asked them to do, don't judge, forgive, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, care for the sick and elderly, love your enemies etc. and they lived such a life with the motivation that they were going to be in a garden getting their dick sucked for all eternity, wouldn't their belief in such bullshit be a good thing?

Sure, after death there might be nothing but nonexistence, but they don't give a shit at that point. They die happily on their death bed waiting eagerly for the chariot and eternal sperm sucker to arrive. Angel Cloud
RE: Can believing in bullshit be a good thing?
If something motivates you to be a good person, it's a good thing. If it motivates you to be a horrible person, it's a bad thing. Religion is just one of many things that can motivate someone to do those kinds of things.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 4, 2014 at 6:16 pm)Chad32 Wrote: If something motivates you to be a good person, it's a good thing. If it motivates you to be a horrible person, it's a bad thing. Religion is just one of many things that can motivate someone to do those kinds of things.

Fuck Yeah!!!
(April 4, 2014 at 6:12 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: So, if a Christian lives a good life and does the things Christ asked them to do, don't judge, forgive, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, care for the sick and elderly, love your enemies etc...
I fixed that for you... Wink Shades
The negative side of faith is that you can't change it.
God says X and I do X. But if X turns out to be bad what do you do? You do X because God says so.
(April 4, 2014 at 6:12 pm)Thunder Cunt Wrote: So, if I believed that if I were a good boy this week, did my best at work, washed the sperm off my hands before preparing food for the customers, and did good things for others, at the end of the week I'd get to fuck the brains out of Miz America, I'd be a damn good boy Smile

So, if a Christian lives a good life and does the things Christ asked them to do, don't judge, forgive, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, care for the sick and elderly, love your enemies etc. and they lived such a life with the motivation that they were going to be in a garden getting their dick sucked for all eternity, wouldn't their belief in such bullshit be a good thing?

Sure, after death there might be nothing but nonexistence, but they don't give a shit at that point. They die happily on their death bed waiting eagerly for the chariot and eternal sperm sucker to arrive. Angel Cloud

it thinks its fine.

Until they tell us we are going to hell that sis.
I agree! This whole bullshit about "you don't believe what I do so you will be eternally damned" is such immature stupid and depressing nonsense.

If that is the God we have (which for all I know it could be) He's an asshole! Angry
'Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.' - Steven Weinberg, US Nobel laureate (Physics)

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Nah, I've been to prison. I've known murderers and rapists. Religion was not their motivation in any of the instances I've known. They were not Religious people.
You looked in the wrong place, then.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11796 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Can God be objectively good despite criticism against Him/Her/It? Ahriman 80 6713 May 29, 2022 at 11:38 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10547 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11150 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  One cool thing about Christianity and Islam Edge92 55 3481 June 4, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Religious culture is the problem, not religion. Since Atheist culture can be good or Snideon 17 1849 July 17, 2020 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  When believing false things is comforting Foxaèr 45 5270 September 26, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods
  So why did the hook nose "become a thing" in discriminatory appearance? Roberto 12 3568 January 23, 2018 at 5:52 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The most beautiful thing to me about the world. Mystic 24 4048 November 13, 2017 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37