Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
gods' test
gods' test
According to the religious, god is all powerful and all knowing. He created everything, good and bad. He created sin and all those evil things to temp us. Those select few, those who can lead a good and righteous life, those who can avoid whatever sins their particular holy book finds egregious, only those few can go on to heaven.

Heaven the real prize.

Everlasting peace and happiness compared to at most a hundred years of life on earth .. phht.. it doesn't even compare. All the glory of gods' heaven can be yours if you lead a life prescribed by 'THE' holy book. It's been said 'wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction'. Follow the narrow path to avoid all the sin and temptation god put in this world to lead you astray.

Why?

Is it just to see who is worthy of heaven?

Why go thru all the trouble to see who's naughty and who's nice? He should know.
If free will is an issue, why do the choices have to be between good and bad? Couldn't an all powerful being give you a choice between good and better? With no chance of bad? Or maybe just make the chances even , remember, narrow is path to heaven and wide is gate hell. Sounds like instead of making it easy to get to heaven the odds are stacked against you.

If god is all powerful and all knowing why not create us however he wants and just put us right into heaven?

If god is all powerful, the extra step doesn't make sense. Why the test?

What is this life for?
To reduce it to some sort of evaluation to see who is good enough for something better lowers the value of this life.
RE: gods' test
I use mine for fucking, fighting, and food. Not necessarily in that order.
(December 29, 2009 at 4:11 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: I use mine for fucking, fighting, and food. Not necessarily in that order.

ClapROFLOL

Love it!

If "god" created humans as he wanted them to be, all perfect, then he wouldn't have the pleasure of fucking his little creations over, now would he? If there be a god, (That's a BIG if)then he created the human species because he was bored. Making us perfect would only extend that problem. If he makes us all fallible, well, then the show really begins!
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
screw that! life is for living and we only live once! if everone did everything by "the book" our life on earth will be dull and wasted, we should'nt be locked up like that! WE SHOULD BE FREE TO FLY WHERE WE WANT TO!

everyone who lives by "the book" should realise that!

free as a bird baby! well, when i get out of school i will be MORE FREE! Ha!
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil
I agree, in the scriptures god is always testing us knowing full well who will earn heaven and who will burn in hell. I think that if god did exist and the bible were true it clearly show us that god created us for his own personal amusement.

When asked about a purpose in life I say why ask why. You live and try to make the most of your journey here and you die like so many that have preceded you. There is no purpose, enjoy it while it lasts.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(December 29, 2009 at 8:30 pm)Rhage Wrote: If there be a god, (That's a BIG if)then he created the human species because he was perfectly bored.
fixed
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Why does it have to be "for" anything?

And you're right HJ, an omniscient creator and any kind of "test" are mutually exclusive (since an omniscient being already knows the outcome).
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
Most of you seem to talk as if evolution has finished, done it's course, for the human species. For most of you it probably has!Big Grin

Ah, yes, humans! The centre of the Universe!
(December 30, 2009 at 7:22 am)ib.me.ub Wrote: Most of you seem to talk as if evolution has finished, done it's course, for the human species. For most of you it probably has!Big Grin
Well, if you believe evolution hasn't finished for you, try evolving right now in someone who understands evolution.Big Grin

Evolution is not about physical transformation on an individual level.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Really, so how does it take place then?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20898 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Big gods came after the rise of civilizations Foxaèr 24 2442 April 9, 2020 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 10786 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2009 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3614 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12759 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  A Thousand Gods? chimp3 22 2870 October 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  False pagan gods are not the True ones? theBorg 88 15777 August 17, 2016 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why did we stop inventing gods? Greatest I am 58 5760 August 16, 2016 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Disproving gods with history and science dyresand 10 3188 June 30, 2015 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb