Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Field Needing Serious Study
A Field Needing Serious Study
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news...180951222/

Quote:Most cultures treat flatulence as abhorrent; it impinges on the senses, offends those caught in the blast and brings shame upon the culprit. But farting is a universal act—a byproduct of being a human being with working intestines and a healthy host of co-dependent microbes. So why do we, as humans, seem to hate farts so much?
RE: A Field Needing Serious Study
Oddly I've been blessed with the least offensive 'winds' of any one I know .. at least to me. Why do the rest of you smell so foul?
(May 8, 2014 at 11:43 pm)whateverist Wrote: Oddly I've been blessed with the least offensive 'winds' of any one I know .. at least to me. Why do the rest of you smell so foul?

Most of us expel bad and smelly gas.

In some of us it only leaks out in small doses. In these individuals it builds up in the cells, slowly but surely filling up your body until it reaches your brain. Sooner or later your brain gets filled up too.

And that's where shitty ideas come from.

Wink Shades

Angel

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
Of course this will have to go here.

http://youtu.be/GxxsP7VWVN8
(May 8, 2014 at 11:43 pm)whateverist Wrote: Oddly I've been blessed with the least offensive 'winds' of any one I know .. at least to me. Why do the rest of you smell so foul?

Wait.... are you saying your shit don't stink?
Some simply haven't had the opportunity to truly live. Aboard submarines, farting is a combat sport.
(May 8, 2014 at 10:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote: So why do we, as humans, seem to hate farts so much?
Because it smells, which is a bit aggressive on the nose, perhaps?
(May 9, 2014 at 9:38 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(May 8, 2014 at 10:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Because it smells, which is a bit aggressive on the nose, perhaps?

But for dogs whose sense of smell is off the charts stronger than our own, they love strong smells. Hell they'll rub in it to coat themselves with smell much stronger than farts. They don't seem the least bit apprehensive about sticking their nose into anything. No fear of repulsion.

By comparison we're like toddlers told to try something new to eat. We start by screwing our faces up, holding our noses and fighting the gag reflex .. all before we've even tasted one bit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It must be true, because it's a Catholic study Foxaèr 15 1869 January 14, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Evolution observed in the field. downbeatplumb 21 4799 December 2, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Interesting Study Minimalist 3 761 August 19, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Interesting Study.... Minimalist 0 704 April 5, 2016 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles? Rev. Rye 9 3187 July 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Genetic study suggest Polynesians had contact with Native Americans before Columbus Anomalocaris 0 922 October 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Need study suggest vestigial whale hip bone serves a purpose Dolorian 2 1547 September 11, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Lightbulb Study:Strongly held incorrect beliefs often cannot be changed by disputing facts MountainsWinAgain 17 3887 May 23, 2014 at 4:45 pm
  Neanderthal Genome Study... Minimalist 17 4071 February 11, 2014 at 1:38 pm
  Potential origin of sharing- a study into chimps downbeatplumb 2 1602 January 16, 2013 at 6:29 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko