Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone verify this? Thx
Can someone verify this? Thx
So, I finally told my youth pastor, of all people, that im an atheist. He was rather calm and accepting about the whole thing. Wow! xD

But he asked my WHY, which was totally fine with and everything, so I told him why. He then tried to debate me about different things (obviously), which I liked!

But he told me something which im not really sure is true. So apparently the bible says god stopped the Earth for a little while. He told me NASA somehow factored that into something they were doing to find a window into orbit around the Earth.

I just feel like you guys would know more instead of google or something.

Anyone know anything about this matter or if its even true? Thanks!
RE: Can someone verify this? Thx
(May 9, 2014 at 2:33 pm)abtaylor Wrote: But he told me something which im not really sure is true. So apparently the bible says god stopped the Earth for a little while. He told me NASA somehow factored that into something they were doing to find a window into orbit around the Earth.

That's bullshit.

Notthing more needs to be said about it.
It's not true, it's one of those hoaxes that go around the internet. It doesn't even make sense, if God stopped the earth from rotating and fixed it so it caused no upheavel, what would be the evidence for it? No one else seems to have noted it at the time.

I think Snopes could shoot that one down more thoroughly for you.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl...ng_day.htm
Of course, if it is an urban legend, it must be true!
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
And from SNOPES -

http://www.snopes.com/religion/lostday.asp

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
If the earth stopped suddenly as described in the book of judges, everything on the earth would've been sent flying into space or smashed into the ground at 22000 km/s. In other words everything would die instantly.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(May 9, 2014 at 2:46 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: If the earth stopped suddenly as described in the book of judges, everything on the earth would've been sent flying into space or smashed into the ground at 22000 km/s. In other words everything would die instantly.

Oh wow, I never thought about it like that...
Yes, and the Lord Krishna took the form of a human king to create a land bridge between India and Sri Lanka 1,750,000 years ago!

NASA satellite imagery proves it!

http://rense.com/general30/nasa.htm
(May 9, 2014 at 2:46 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: If the earth stopped suddenly as described in the book of judges, everything on the earth would've been sent flying into space or smashed into the ground at 22000 km/s. In other words everything would die instantly.

More like 1500 km/hr, But the concept is right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1437 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Hilarious argument from someone I encountered in the youtube comments Heat 19 4751 April 23, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  (Sensitivity required) Coming out to someone SlowCalculations 12 1769 October 27, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Can someone debunk this FPerson 162 32746 November 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? Firefighter01 278 51431 January 19, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Why can't Christians Verify Exactly Where Jesus Was Buried? Firefighter01 0 500 August 31, 2016 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Firefighter01
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 9529 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  "Love is believing in someone. " Mudhammam 15 4318 December 7, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Exclamation Can someone explain this to me..? please... dyresand 3 1435 November 5, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: dyresand
  I have to share this with someone badlydrawngirl 24 3890 September 19, 2014 at 10:11 am
Last Post: vorlon13