Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If only Tiger Woods was a Christian
If only Tiger Woods was a Christian
I saw this on Kieth Olbermann this morning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#34695139
binnyCoffee
RE: If only Tiger Woods was a Christian
Oh boy. Popcorn
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
The one on Limbaugh and healthcare is also a brilliant one.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Great video......

The intellectual dishonesty and arrogance of that guy implictly claiming to know that his religion (Christianity) was the right one... without being able to back it up. Tiger Woods could easily say the same thing back.

That too would also be arrogant and intellectual dishonest of course.

Thanks for the video Binny Smile

EvF
Based on limited experience it seems that Buddists are less of a bunch of assholes than xtians.
Should someone point out that divorce rates are lowest amongst atheists and highest amongst fundamentalist Christians?
(January 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Should someone point out that divorce rates are lowest amongst atheists and highest amongst fundamentalist Christians?

That could be explained by the fact that there are a lot less atheists than Christians; this argument can also be said for the prison statistic that people like to throw around. A statistic comparing the divorce rate among only atheists and only Christians would be a much stronger argument. I'm not saying that atheists do not have the lowest divorce rate and that Christians do not have the highest, but the gap is probably less than those misleading statistics show.
(January 5, 2010 at 8:53 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Should someone point out that divorce rates are lowest amongst atheists and highest amongst fundamentalist Christians?

i think that might be because, erm, well you know how your sex life can make or brake a relationship?
Because xtians cant have sex till theyre married, they are inexperienced, and if they get married to some one who is experienced, they will feel unsatisfied and will know they can find better, so they leave, and unfortunatly they are married by the time they have sex for the first time, so they have to get a divorce Big Grin unless anyone else has a theory Smile
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil
(January 5, 2010 at 9:22 pm)Zhalentine Wrote:

That could be explained by the fact that there are a lot less atheists than Christians; this argument can also be said for the prison statistic that people like to throw around. A statistic comparing the divorce rate among only atheists and only Christians would be a much stronger argument. I'm not saying that atheists do not have the lowest divorce rate and that Christians do not have the highest, but the gap is probably less than those misleading statistics show.

I said divorce rates, not number of divorces, so your argument of "less" makes no statistical sense. Rates don't take into account the numbers of divorces, only the percentages of marriages that end in divorce.

Also, the prison statistics is most likely an error or bad handling of statistics, as I wrote in my article dispelling the myth of the "less than 1%". http://atheistblogger.com/2009/03/13/ath...the-facts/
ah right, sorry i can just think of random stuff sometimes without paying attention. though ive always had the idea that christian relationships break down because of stuff like this
Vampires will never hurt you.......Devil

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't be the only one who keeps waiting for this Foxaèr 13 2011 October 4, 2017 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  only humans are gay becouse its sin! atheist04330 3 844 August 2, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Aint No Rest (Members Only) Cinjin 32 8175 April 15, 2014 at 10:30 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Lazarus Raised? Only if pigs fly... Minimalist 0 922 October 22, 2012 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Am I the only one annoyed by this picture? Diamond 45 12848 July 31, 2012 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  stuffed toy tiger sparks police hunt downbeatplumb 5 1666 May 24, 2011 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Storm, or: How To Destroy Woo-meisters, using only beat poetry. Autumnlicious 3 1532 April 12, 2011 at 4:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  If only DotA were this exciting :) Violet 0 885 May 1, 2010 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Violet
  Columbo fans only Darwinian 0 1809 September 24, 2008 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Darwinian