Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do I need to fear God?
Why do I need to fear God?
Why can't he just operate logically and not emotionally?

This is one of the problems I have with Abrahamic religions; specifically Islam and Christianity. Its about forcing me to choose something out of fear. Wait, ITS NOT EVEN A CHOICE, ETERNAL SUFFERING AND DESTRUCTION OR GETTING HIGH WORSHIPING A DEITY FOR ETERNITY!

What if one does not seek pleasure, joy, happiness in this life? Do they suffer less or not at all in hell?
RE: Why do I need to fear God?
Because if you don't, when you die, you will go to HELL and the demons there have spiders that will eat your eyeballs out FOR FUCKING EVER !!!!!!!!!!!
(June 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm)clergyman Wrote: What if one does not seek pleasure, joy, happiness in this life?
Then you'd be on a bad path. Seek all of these.
Satan is God's most loyal and efficient servant, with brutal relentless cunning, your rectum will be filled with red hot glowing lava, demons will open up your chest cavity and piss acid into the wound. They will make your body breed more demons and they will come out your mouth like a bowel movement.

You might wind up in an ocean of burning sewage, and for all of eternity, you will alternately breath fire, and drown in shit.

(June 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm)clergyman Wrote: Why can't he just operate logically and not emotionally?

This is one of the problems I have with Abrahamic religions; specifically Islam and Christianity. Its about forcing me to choose something out of fear. Wait, ITS NOT EVEN A CHOICE, ETERNAL SUFFERING AND DESTRUCTION OR GETTING HIGH WORSHIPING A DEITY FOR ETERNITY!

What if one does not seek pleasure, joy, happiness in this life? Do they suffer less or not at all in hell?

Since hell does not exist - there is no suffering at all.
If you think you have a problem - why would a male human want to spend eternity - to be with a male god? (Females do not rise to that level in Xtianity or Islam)
(June 15, 2014 at 1:14 pm)clergyman Wrote: Why can't he just operate logically and not emotionally?

If you don't want to seek pleasure, joy, or happiness in this life, knock yourself out, but it doesn't effect your salvation one way or the other. I personally would rather experience those things in life and have salvation also. I guess you're saying that if you don't believe in christianity, then you'll never have to be afraid of anything.
(June 15, 2014 at 1:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Because if you don't, when you die, you will go to HELL and the demons there have spiders that will eat your eyeballs out FOR FUCKING EVER !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, according to the fairy tale you can go to one of two other places besides hell. You can go to the sea or go to death. Hell seems to be more popular for some reason, maybe because you can talk if you're in hell. The sea is all wet. And Death isn't any fun. But no matter which one you end up in you will get out on Judgment Day. And then it's off to the lake of fire or to the gaudy bejeweled golden cube call New Jerusalem.

I think some people feel more pleasure, joy and happiness having an imaginary sky daddy that helps them when things go well and works in mysterious ways when they go bad.

All imaginary stories, worked by time and political motives.

They never past the first question: What the hell is a god anyway?

You do not need to fear a god

To date - ALL The gods that we can prove to have existed have died.

AND those other gods - cannot be proven to have existed =or exist.

You would have to wonder WHY a god would create joy- happiness - ad pleasure if it was not his desire for us to enjoy them.

And you also have to wonder why the ONLY creator god - would create EVIL (No other creator means there is ONLY ONE CHOICE) - and yet claim to be ALL good!

Read this link - http://philanthropy2012.hubpages.com/hub...s-A-Sadist
(June 15, 2014 at 1:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Because if you don't, when you die, you will go to HELL and the demons there have spiders that will eat your eyeballs out FOR FUCKING EVER !!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck that. I can deal with flames and torture, but forget spiders. I have now converted to whichever religion is right.

(June 16, 2014 at 7:33 am)ThomM Wrote: You do not need to fear a god

To date - ALL The gods that we can prove to have existed have died.

AND those other gods - cannot be proven to have existed =or exist.

You would have to wonder WHY a god would create joy- happiness - ad pleasure if it was not his desire for us to enjoy them.

And you also have to wonder why the ONLY creator god - would create EVIL (No other creator means there is ONLY ONE CHOICE) - and yet claim to be ALL good!

Read this link - http://philanthropy2012.hubpages.com/hub...s-A-Sadist

Gods that we can prove existed??

You mean like Batman??
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do I need to be saved? zwanzig 15 1135 August 3, 2023 at 11:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5259 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9147 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29820 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 23008 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 5645 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Irational fear of hell still naggs me from time to time Arsoo 103 27882 November 9, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why Does God Need So Much Praise? Rhondazvous 57 8479 April 24, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hostage to fear Spacetime 232 29351 July 28, 2015 at 6:24 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Fear your mind for it is hell urlawyer 17 3761 April 23, 2015 at 7:09 am
Last Post: robvalue