Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is rape reeeally wrong?
So is rape reeeally wrong?
[Image: 10410516_10203551085793335_1981570244652355020_n.jpg]
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
RE: So is rape reeeally wrong?
"We must ask the hard questions... is rape really wrong?"
What? Lol.

"It took me to a dark place..."
And of course, if it is dark and scary to him it must then be false.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
The hypocrisy is strong with this one, considering how rape is condoned in the bible... http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm
[Image: thfrog.gif]

I can formulate many reasons that demonstrate how rape is detrimental to our human condition, without holy books or gods, but if he wants to go there by evolutionary terms, a woman that has his children willingly and joyfully is more prone to raise and nurture more balanced offspring, more capable of generating their own offspring and so on, so on....

But we all know he is foolishly applying his distorted morals to evolution, that is clearly amoral.
The biggest problem is that his premise is wrong: evolution is not just about spreading one's DNA, as evolution happens to populations and not individuals. He's really talking about survival of the fittest, in that special, misrepresentative way that christians do, which doesn't take into account that "fitness," for humans, is about our ability to maintain a social species and not just outright strength. Rape, under the actual definition of fitness for humans, is demonstrably bad for us at the scale of populations, to say nothing of the individual harm.

Garbage in, garbage out. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Since all life forms are dependent upon their bacteria and viruses any behavior that spreads them is beneficial to the bacteria and viruses. The assorted life forms are merely the hosts.
meh
"right" and "wrong" are always decided by the group or society within which one resides.

Look at what the Israelites did throughout the Old Testament. With that in mind a non-believer could use the same reasoning against his position: "If an all-knowing judgmental god is real, is slavery right?"

..and I barely even made an effort. Undecided
[Image: Evolution.png]

The truly sinister part about this, for anyone taking it seriously, is the willful ingnorance required to not consider the ritualistic mate selection processes ubiquitious in the animal kingdom. This makes it a stupid question, not a hard question. Yet another attempt by religion to subjugate women.
Short answer: Yes, Mr. Isaacs, rape is really wrong.

Long answer: What kind of a perverted psychopath would even consider this to be a legitimate question?

Whether or not a rape results in a pregnancy (the basis of your bone-headed question) is utterly beside the point, as rape is manifestly not a procreative act. Rape is murderous violence acted out in a sexual manner - it has to do with power, subjugation, humiliation and the reduction of the victim from person-status to object-status, and nothing - absolutely NOTHING - to do with evolution. This is not opinion - it is a fact beyond contestation by reasonable people (naturally, I except yourself from this category, Mr. Isaacs).

Have you ever known a rape victim, Mr. Isaacs? Ever counseled one? Have you, in your ivy tower of creationistic idiotic insensitivity, stopped to consider, even for a split second the trauma and the horror visited upon rape victims? I'll save you the effort of a reply: no, you haven't. If you had, you would grasp that even asking the question you did is inappropriate beyond the bounds of human decency.

Rape - wherever and whenever it occurs - is a tragedy, an affront to human dignity. And for you to use it to push the political agenda of creationism makes YOU an affront to human dignity. If there is a shred of decency within you, you will visit a rape crisis centre and talk with some of the victims. Hopefully, that'll get it through that unevolved skull of yours that, yes - rape is really wrong.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Anyone here have ever saw cats fucking? It's more of a battle, by OUR standards.

We developed more sensible rituals, like offering them dinner, flowers, sense of humour Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this a contradiction or am I reading it wrong? Genesis 5:28 Ferrocyanide 110 9446 April 10, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2738 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 2074 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 6769 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How long was the rape scandal going on? Nihilist Virus 11 2767 June 13, 2016 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christians. Could you be wrong? Rob_W75 888 127161 September 24, 2014 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: C4RM5
  Christians, may I be wrong? Whateverist 19 3060 August 18, 2014 at 4:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Atheists can I be wrong? Drich 9 2756 August 14, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  is this wrong critmass235 37 4976 July 14, 2014 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Christian God incentivizes the wrong things RobbyPants 29 7317 April 17, 2014 at 10:15 am
Last Post: *Deidre*