Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heathen Review #3: Diet Noah
Heathen Review #3: Diet Noah

SPOILERS FOR NOAH AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIpH-DoRu9o

And then the world was repopulated by...um...let's skip to the kid-friendly part of the Bible. Oh, wait...

[Image: 0d37ca99cafb3dc1099c73e11335fe458f39e0e2...0ee4af.jpg]

It is when it's with Emma Watson.

And they all lived happily ever after until God got pissy at them again. So unless you're a good little Christian, boys and girls, you'll be drowned by a God who still somehow loves you!

Yes, we all know the hilarious and nonsensical original story. So you can probably guess where most of the story of this "movie" goes (I'll explain the air quotes later). But obviously that's not going to fill up a nearly two and a half hour biblical epic film. Intrigued by that, as well as the challenge that director Darren Aronofsky, whom I liked for his work in Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan, faced in making a Biblical adaptation that catered to both Christians and mainstream audiences, I went to my nearest Redbox and rented the DVD of Noah. With a Redbox promo code, it ended up costing me $0.00 to rent it for one day.

[Image: redbox_kiosk_1_300.jpg]

Pictured above: Heaven for broke college kids.

I think the nothing I paid was a waste of money. Let me explain why below.

As with all Blu-rays and DVDs that I watch, I'll be reviewing this disc on my Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray player, Spectre 32'' 720p display, and Coby two-channel stereo sound bar.

"Movie" Review

Disc Review

Philosophy Review (Minor Spoilers)

Conclusions

TL;DR? Skip it. That is all. I leave you with this piece of awesomeness. Next time on Heathen Reviews, I'll tackle Philomena or The One I Love. If you guys could help me decide that, that would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVRZOJ6IUt4
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: Heathen Review #3: Diet Noah
Shameless bump to let you know that I met instead review Hercules after this. End of shameless bump.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JHC's In depth review of Fifty Shades of Grey JesusHChrist 19 2617 February 21, 2015 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Book Review BrokenQuill92 17 3230 November 6, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Heathen Review #2: So Kawaii! StealthySkeptic 8 2515 July 23, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Heathen Review #1: Apes Will Rise StealthySkeptic 16 2908 July 23, 2014 at 10:15 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Book review of "Night" everythingafter 3 2081 May 18, 2011 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Review of The New Atheism: Taking a Stand for Science and Reason by Victor J. Stenger Justtristo 2 1594 December 11, 2010 at 6:19 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Review: Kick-Ass (2010) Autumnlicious 9 2090 May 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Tiberius