Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new atheists
new atheists
There's this thing that's annoying me, I'm bad at expressing myself so forgive me.
There are many people who keep raising these points amongst many others:
1 - we're just going through a phase, and we're just rebelling.
2 - we are stupid, ignorant, naïve or mentally ill.
3 - we were never true believers
I can't counter these idiotic arguments, they're obviously false. And I've never debated much (I keep quiet).
RE: new atheists
[Image: Sock_puppet.jpg]
I hate how many of our fundies are importing shit your fundies have produced (talk about westernised).
I've been in this "phase" for about 50 years now. Tell them to go fuck themselves.
(August 18, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I've been in this "phase" for about 50 years now. Tell them to go fuck themselves.

What if I get cornered or something (if I get outed)
(August 18, 2014 at 7:14 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: There's this thing that's annoying me, I'm bad at expressing myself so forgive me.
There are many people who keep raising these points amongst many others:
I can't counter these idiotic arguments, they're obviously false. And I've never debated much (I keep quiet).

All three of these are obviously them contextualizing your beliefs within theirs. There is nothing you can do about this, sadly, other than ignore it when you're able.

I'm in my 30's, and sadly, my dad things I'm going through a phase, too. My wife and her family think I'm having a "crisis of faith". It's how they picture these things. The last thing they want is to say "Well, he stopped believing, so maybe it's all wrong".
(August 18, 2014 at 7:37 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote:
(August 18, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I've been in this "phase" for about 50 years now. Tell them to go fuck themselves.

What if I get cornered or something (if I get outed)
What will happen if you are "outed"? Do you have to fear for your life, social status, reputation, or what?
Why are you so familiar?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 19, 2014 at 12:03 pm)John S Wrote:
(August 18, 2014 at 7:37 pm)czúzyt ylgájla Wrote: What if I get cornered or something (if I get outed)
What will happen if you are "outed"? Do you have to fear for your life, social status, reputation, or what?

I live in a Muslim country where islamists are fighting liberals (albeit both are big fat liars)

(August 19, 2014 at 12:08 pm)Losty Wrote: Why are you so familiar?

Cause I've been meeting you in your wet dreams.
You will be arguing with idiots, so they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So you may have to implement their metaphoric language and turn it against them. It's important that you establish moral common ground. Just be firm but diplomatic. Flank them with their own logic.
Free will is timeless. Every one was born with one and has it stolen by tricksters that want to break your spirit and serve the interests of oppression. You refuse to surrender your free will to the slavemasters that rule Islam.
Tell them you are free. You liberated your soul from the ignorance and mental illness of the imaginary psychopath. Stupid or not, you can think for yourself and that's a start.
I can't speak for you, because I was never a true believer. Relate your personal experience to them. Discuss the principals taught in the Quran that are compatible with your morals and beliefs. Tell them about the abusive contradictions that are standing in the way of those morals.

Never forget, Allah lives in their mind and you do not have the ability to evict him. It's up to them.
god is supposed to be imaginary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Jeff Sparrow on the need to save ourselves from the sickishness of the New Atheists Whateverist 62 8568 March 21, 2016 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  "The New Atheists are back — and dumber than ever" Delicate 149 26920 December 26, 2015 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Half Way Houses for New Young Atheists Jenny A 6 1925 March 5, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The new Social Media frontier for Atheists! The Atheist Corner 16 2957 December 9, 2014 at 8:08 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  New study on atheists' human rights worldwide Dee Dee Ramone 16 5675 December 14, 2012 at 11:10 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Religion New York Atheists Angry Over 'Heaven' Street Sign Honoring Sept. 11 Victims? MilesTailsPrower 4 3071 June 23, 2011 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Anymouse
  Atheists: The NEW go-to movie villian TheDarkestOfAngels 14 4369 September 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels