Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United States Coin Rumor
United States Coin Rumor
Just wondering if any of you have received any "Chain Mail" from Christian family/friends about the new "$1" dollar coin for the U.S.?

If you have received it, know now, it is a "Rumor" to some extent...

Yes, in 2007 the newly minted dollar without the slogan of "In God We Trust" was sent out...However, it was an error on the mints part of about 50,000 coins, out of the 300 Million.....

Now, whether this was an honest error or something else (Which my hopes are up on the something else) it is only speculation at this point....

But if you get the dollar coin and look on the side outer layers, you will still see the infamous "In God We Trust" marked in...

Damn't!!.. Just when I thought we were finally..."Seeing the Light".... I find out it was nothing more than a rumor and the rest were beastly marked...LOLOL

U.K...I envy your Darwin pounds.....
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
RE: United States Coin Rumor
Yes, we need some Darwin on our currency... makes more sense than most of anything else here... ;\
Put some D's on it! Big Grin
What part of separation of church and state (nation for this matter) don't they understand?
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
littlegrimlin1... I could not agree more with you on that.....

Funny thing is... Since "Denver" is one of our main mints out of the 7..they would automatically assume it was "D" for just that.. Which of course is the Mint Mark for "D" in Denver....lol
I never quite understood this obsession about what is on the money. Our coins have "God zij met ons" (" God be with us") on its side and no-one is making a fuss about that here. It's just money, you give it out so you can get stuff you want and/or need.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Darwin appears on our £10 note, not on any coins to my knowledge. I'm still trying to get the Queen's head off our currency. Long battle ahead Tongue
(January 20, 2010 at 5:20 am)Tiberius Wrote: Darwin appears on our £10 note, not on any coins to my knowledge. I'm still trying to get the Queen's head off our currency. Long battle ahead Tongue

Off with her head! Big Grin
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(January 20, 2010 at 5:20 am)Tiberius Wrote: Darwin appears on our £10 note, not on any coins to my knowledge. I'm still trying to get the Queen's head off our currency. Long battle ahead Tongue

I would rather have the Human arrogance of a "Monarchy" than the pure ignorance of a Blissful stupidity....
But I understand the level.....

Leo:
Quote:I never quite understood this obsession about what is on the money. Our coins have "God zij met ons" (" God be with us") on its side and no-one is making a fuss about that here. It's just money, you give it out so you can get stuff you want and/or need.

I could be wrong, but from what I looked up, is that from the "Dutch"?
Regardless, I have to say that; at least your people have separated it's state and religion on more levels than the U.S....

Also, if I had to have a "Godly" saying on our money.. God zij met ons (God be with us) is by far better than "In God We Trust"....Tongue lol
(January 20, 2010 at 7:15 am)Samson Wrote: I could be wrong, but from what I looked up, is that from the "Dutch"?

Indeed it is.

(January 20, 2010 at 7:15 am)Samson Wrote: Regardless, I have to say that; at least your people have separated it's state and religion on more levels than the U.S....

Not really. But that is either here nor there.

(January 20, 2010 at 7:15 am)Samson Wrote: Also, if I had to have a "Godly" saying on our money.. God zij met ons (God be with us) is by far better than "In God We Trust"....Tongue lol

It's just a slogan, as long as it buys me a coffee in the morning what do I care what is written on it?
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

I can tolerate a meaningless statement of "In God we Trust" versus a useless figurehead.

So does your money change every time a new monarch inherits?
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
It did with us. When Juliana abdicated in 1980 we had a special minting with the heads of both the old and new queen (known as the dubbele kop in Dutch coin collector terms). Then in 1981 the mint started producing coins with only the head of the then new queen Beatrix. We did not have the image of the queen on bank notes, just historical figures and animals and flowers, at one time a lighthouse on the 250 guilder note.

With the Euro things changed a bit.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So why do Christians here in the United States have such a persecution complex GoHalos1993 13 3686 November 2, 2015 at 10:26 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Theorizing and Rumor Generating Chard 29 3443 July 1, 2014 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Pastor states "religion and politics interrelated" Foxaèr 7 2810 May 25, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd