Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US going metric
US going metric
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACNCcA0J...r2-2r-7-HM
RE: US going metric
What?! Instead of driving at 60 I could be going 100?!?

It's a conspiracy I tells ya!!

If America converts there would be no more sweltering 110 degree days. It would be only 43.33333
degrees and nobody would have a need for air conditioning.

It's a conspiracy driven by the a/c industry manufacturers to remain rich and the repair industry to hold their positions of power over you (pay me lot's of money or swelter! HaHAHAhaha HA!)!

Oh wait.........

Nevermind.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
About time the US caught up with the rest of the planet.

OZ has been metric since the mid seventies.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 26, 2010 at 1:20 am)Zen Badger Wrote: About time the US caught up with the rest of the planet.

OZ has been metric since the mid seventies.

You didn't actually watch the video, did you?
The US going metric would cost a shit ton of money. Every sign would have to be changed. The people were upset about the stimulus package and the bailouts for the banks, imagine the money being wasted on changing signs into metric.
(January 26, 2010 at 1:27 am)Zhalentine Wrote: The US going metric would cost a shit ton of money. Every sign would have to be changed. The people were upset about the stimulus package and the bailouts for the banks, imagine the money being wasted on changing signs into metric.

You also might want to actually watch the video...
I just want my scale to show smaller numbers.
Dammit, for a minute there I thought the USA was going to do something intelligent for a change.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(January 26, 2010 at 1:48 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Dammit, for a minute there I thought the USA was going to do something intelligent for a change.

So did i when i first clicked the link... Then the part about weighing less came up Tongue
(January 26, 2010 at 1:29 am)theVOID Wrote:
(January 26, 2010 at 1:27 am)Zhalentine Wrote: The US going metric would cost a shit ton of money. Every sign would have to be changed. The people were upset about the stimulus package and the bailouts for the banks, imagine the money being wasted on changing signs into metric.

You also might want to actually watch the video...

I watched the video, I was trying to start a discussion about the US actually switching over to metric.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm going to the Mojave to steal a car! ignoramus 11 609 December 17, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Who else is going to see Rogue One, the next Star Wars movie soon? Whateverist 138 11825 December 24, 2016 at 6:17 am
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  How long has this been going on? BrianSoddingBoru4 0 683 December 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Foxaèr 10 2291 November 13, 2015 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Movie industry going down ? Marsellus Wallace 34 5709 July 9, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  I'm going insane Pizza 4 1017 March 24, 2015 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Jon Stewart Is Going To Have A Field Day Minimalist 0 612 January 7, 2015 at 2:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Going to see Lita Ford! Ravenshire 6 1119 July 11, 2014 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What's going on? evenheathen 0 523 July 9, 2013 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: evenheathen
  Rick Perry Parody (you're going to love this...if you haven't already seen it) LarissaAnn 2 1565 January 5, 2012 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Whateverist