Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Christians who are not YEC's
Question for Christians who are not YEC's
I have a burning question for those Christians who think Human's are at-least more than 6,000 years old.

Humans have been around for more than 100,000 years and Judaism is less than 4,000 years old. So what happens to these early folks? They did not come to know about the one true god, Yahweh, until Judaism started.
Do they end up in hell or purgatory, through no fault of their own?

And yeah, what happens to all those corrupt babies who didn't live long enough to be baptized and apologize for the sins of Adam and Eve?

--------------------------------

PS: Do people wear clothes in Heaven?
RE: Question for Christians who are not YEC's
I can tell you that everybody in Heaven wears clothes.

As for early Man, they were held responsible for what they knew-
Little light- little accountability.
Great light- great accountability.

Purgatory does not exist, that was a funnel to suck finances from those under the thrall of Catholicism.
Neither do heaven and hell.

You are one third of the way to rationality.
I'd say the 2 categories, christians and folks not YECs, are mutually exclusive.

And that wraps up the thread right there.

Thinking
(November 10, 2014 at 9:28 pm)professor Wrote: I can tell you that everybody in Heaven wears clothes.

I just LOVE the way you state this with absolutely no hesitation as though it is matter of fact. Fucking brilliant.
I did a thread on your question already

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14190.html
(November 10, 2014 at 9:28 pm)professor Wrote: I can tell you that everybody in Heaven wears clothes.

1) Same clothes everyday, or do they change?
2) Who supplies the clothes?
3) What is allowed and not allowed? Jeans, skinny, lingerie?

(November 10, 2014 at 11:23 pm)Drich Wrote: I did a thread on your question already

http://atheistforums.org/thread-14190.html

Can you please sum it here for me?

(November 10, 2014 at 9:59 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'd say the 2 categories, christians and folks not YECs, are mutually exclusive.

And that wraps up the thread right there.
Thinking

Yeah, my bad. Should have worded it as people who believe in the god of the bible but do not believe in the Young earth theory.... and yes, also do not believe in Genesis 1 only.

What style? What era?
I figured everybody wore feathers.

You know, so they can flit about angelically.
(November 10, 2014 at 9:01 pm)Forsaken Wrote: I have a burning question for those Christians who think Human's are at-least more than 6,000 years old.

Humans have been around for more than 100,000 years and Judaism is less than 4,000 years old. So what happens to these early folks? They did not come to know about the one true god, Yahweh, until Judaism started.
Do they end up in hell or purgatory, through no fault of their own?

And yeah, what happens to all those corrupt babies who didn't live long enough to be baptized and apologize for the sins of Adam and Eve?

--------------------------------

PS: Do people wear clothes in Heaven?
scripture refers to an ‘age’ which is now referenced as a ‘dispensation’. each one more or less begins with divine appointment and responsibilities with which it begins and by the divine judgments which it ends. For instance the age from the exile from the garden-of-eden to judgment of the flood is referred as the dispensation of conscience - humans possessed with the knowledge of both good and evil were required to act according to their conscience --- choosing the good and rejecting evil. Current age is the dispensation of the church which the 6’th which is fast coming to a close. The 7’th and final is the dispensation of the kingdom which last 1000 years.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3410 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7843 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3350 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7022 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6359 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  A quarter of British Christians do not believe in the resurection downbeatplumb 35 6823 April 14, 2017 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2777 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4977 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4818 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8726 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr