Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism v Satanism
Atheism v Satanism
Since we have recently acquired a few heathen, baby-eaten satanists, I thought this would be a good time to educate myself on some Satanism. I saw an article was posted in another thread on satanism, and I could always google it, which I intend to do both, but first these questions:

Atheism v Satanism

Which is more misunderstood by theists and people in general?

Which is more threatening according to theists and people in general?

Which is less trusted by theists and people in general?
RE: Atheism v Satanism
Honestly, I've always thought Satanists were Atheists that mocked the bible and had no real faith in anything, but just used the term to offend Christias, but I suppose there are a real branch of them here and there. I can't imagine there are many real Satanists floating around though.
I thought the same. And since its me thinking it, I thought I'd more than likely get my ass educated on Satanism at some point. Might as well ask up front.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I believe Aron Ra once said satanists are people who didn't really know atheism was a thing. I would think that christians mistrusted satanists more. I mean one person tells you he doesn't believe gods exist, and the other believes Satan had a good reason for rebelling against Yahweh. Or he just believes more in the concepts of freedom, individuality, and is against totalitarianism. Better to die for a good cause, than live for an evil one.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Satanism is more misunderstood because people still think that Satanist worship a literal devil. Meanwhile the misunderstanding of atheism is often theists saying that atheists are Satanist... Also if any of you are really that interested in learning about Satanism, check out the Church of Satan website (first, and most obvious result in google).
Some people believe that if it doesn't glorify Yahweh, it's satanic, so you're working for Satan whether you know it or not.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 3, 2014 at 9:02 pm)Indiveren Wrote: Also if any of you are really that interested in learning about Satanism, check out the Church of Satan website (first, and most obvious result in google).

I'm sure it will be as spot on as the first and most obvious "christianity" result. Are there not different types of satanism? (Theistic satanism, Luciferianism, Paladists, etc.)
"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will provide plenty of time for silence." -Christopher Hitchens
(December 3, 2014 at 9:21 pm)Bboppinb Wrote: I'm sure it will be as spot on as the first and most obvious "christianity" result. Are there not different types of satanism? (Theistic satanism, Luciferianism, Paladists, etc.)

"theistic Satanism" is not Satanism. Its like calling a Buddhist a Christian. Luciferianism, Paladist, devil worshipers ect are also not Satanism. Anton Lavey was the first and only person to codify Satanism as a religion.
Re: RE: Atheism v Satanism
(December 3, 2014 at 9:02 pm)Indiveren Wrote: Satanism is more misunderstood because people still think that Satanist worship a literal devil. Meanwhile the misunderstanding of atheism is often theists saying that atheists are Satanist... Also if any of you are really that interested in learning about Satanism, check out the Church of Satan website (first, and most obvious result in google).

The only point in naming your beliefs after an undesirable biblical character is a desire to attract attention.

"Its like calling a Buddhist a Christian."
[/quote]

Doubtful, but I'll play ball. I feel like this is similar to a baptist explaining why a mormon isn't a christian.
"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will provide plenty of time for silence." -Christopher Hitchens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 2800 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27127 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56238 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Atheism / Satanism CuriousInquirer 160 14555 April 20, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12479 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12152 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10493 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheistic Satanism? LiakosVikernes 31 14247 October 3, 2012 at 6:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12007 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38091 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack